We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moshi or Arusha? Hotel recommendations

1 post
Save Topic
Moshi or Arusha? Hotel recommendations

Hey guys,

I'm travelling to Tanzania in September to climb Kilimanjaro and then meeting my friends to do a Safari and then to Zanzibar. Before we head off on our Safari, we will have a couple of days spare. I was wondering where is best to stay either Moshi or Arusha? And if there are any good hotel recommendations? Some of the lodges in Arusha look lovely but we want to keep costs down. Also, any good trip providers? We would like to do a day trip in either Moshi or Arusha and just wondering whats good to do / see? We only have about a day. The Arusha National park looks great!

Also, anyone who has been to Tanzania / Zanzibar - would you say its safe for girls / tourists?

Thanks!

Sarah

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
Moshi
Moshi
Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania
Arusha
Arusha
Arusha Region, Tanzania
Arusha National Park
Arusha National Park
212 Reviews
Arusha National Park, Tanzania
3 replies to this topic
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moshi or Arusha? Hotel recommendations

Arusha there are several hotel cheaper hotel also Arusha is gateway for cultural tourism activities such like meru tribe visit, coffee tour, waterfall,

From Arusha town to Arusha national park is 32 km only

Edited: 13 June 2018, 02:21
Mentioned in this post
Arusha
Arusha
Arusha Region, Tanzania
Bristol
Level Contributor
2,995 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moshi or Arusha? Hotel recommendations

Hi there,

Personally I would stay in Moshi, it is a smaller town and much nicer than Arusha....in my opinion. If you have finished climbing Kili it will be where you are anyway.

We always stay at TemboTamu B&B when in Moshi, it is great. See the trip advisor reviews

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g…

Sandra and Frank, who run TemboTamu can arrange any trips for you eg. a cofffee plantation tour, hike to waterfall, swimming in hot springs, Marangu waterfalls and Chaga Tribe Visit, Arusha National Park, Lake Chala etc or perhaps Visit a local school or market.

Moshi also has a nice selection of bars and restaurants, used by locals and visitors.

I am female and have visited Tanzania many times and have not had any problems, just be sensible as you would be at home. Remember Tanzania is a country where a large percentage of the population are poor so just don’t put temptation in their way.

Have a great trip.

Mentioned in this post
Moshi
Moshi
Arusha
Arusha
Arusha Region, Tanzania
Marangu Hotel
Marangu Hotel
252 Reviews
Moshi, Tanzania
Arusha National Park
Arusha National Park
212 Reviews
Arusha National Park, Tanzania
Lake Chala
Lake Chala
167 Reviews
Moshi, Tanzania
Moshi, Tanzania
Level Contributor
510 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moshi or Arusha? Hotel recommendations

I second Moshi for the extra day between Kilimanjaro and safari. Smaller town than Arusha with a couple of cultural trips you can do here.

Arusha park is a beautiful park that allows exploring outside a jeep. Here you can do a walking safari and canoeing safari. The park isn't known for cat (lion, cheetah) sightings but you can see these on your extended safari.

Tanzania is fairly safe and like you would do in your home country/city you should be at the right place at the right time. For Zanzibar look into this operator, LoveZanzibar, that offers female solo trips - lovezanzibar.com/en/…

Best,

Edward - Pristine Trails Adventures & Safaris

Mentioned in this post
Moshi
Moshi
Arusha
Arusha
Arusha Region, Tanzania
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania