We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonoma or Napa Winery Tours

Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Sonoma or Napa Winery Tours

I’m looking for advice on which wineries are worth the extra money to tour! Better overall experience, more exclusive wines, food/cheese/chocolate pairings. Wine caves. The tours that make you feel special. Looking to do 1, maybe 2 on our trip.

3 replies to this topic
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
33,184 posts
6,438 reviews
1. Re: Sonoma or Napa Winery Tours

In Sonoma the wine and food lunch at St. Francis is stellar

https:/…

For wine caves, if into historic wine caves, then Schramsberg in Napa.

If into wine caves with barrel tasting, then Del Dotto.

If want to do wine caves instead in Sonoma, look at Benzinger.

(Note: You only need to do one wine cave tour so just do one of the three above.)

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
8,432 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Sonoma or Napa Winery Tours

You posted in the Calistoga forum. Is that where you are staying and are interested in winery tours nearby?

In Calistoga, one of the best tours is at Schramsberg. They have beautiful grounds, historic caves, and a great tour.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
541 posts
68 reviews
3. Re: Sonoma or Napa Winery Tours

I can't speak about exclusive/special tours in Sonoma County, but in the Napa Valley, take a look at the following. All will require an appointment.

Hall Rutherford - Beautiful, elevated view and then you go down to the cave and taste under a stunning crystal "vine" chandelier.

Caldwell - Not a tour, but exclusive wine, taste in a cave with cheese/charcuterie, you will be there for about two hours and usually are with the owner, and/or the winemaker.

Far Niente - Gorgeous grounds, lovely tour, seated tasting

CADE - Way up on Howell Mountain, beautiful view

And I agree with the others on Schramsberg

Reply to: Sonoma or Napa Winery Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted