We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 women seeking get-away

Oakland, CA
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
8 women seeking get-away

Looking to help celebrate a 50th birthday get-away the second weekend in November. I'm hoping to find accomodations for us in a cottage or hotel (2 2-bedroom suites might work) for just one night. We'd like to have a 'spa day' with a nice dinner. Any recommendations as to where we could stay in Calistoga that will make our friend's birthday memorable?

Mentioned in this post
Calistoga
Calistoga
Napa Valley, CA
Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,848 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 women seeking get-away

Have you checked out the Mount View Hotel on Lincoln Ave. (www.mountviewhotel.com)? They have a day spa, excellent restaurant ("Stomp"), beautiful European-style ambiance and are in-town so you can walk to all the shops, cafes and galleries. I know they offer suites, but not sure about separate cottages.

Mentioned in this post
Mount View Hotel & Spa
Mount View Hotel & Spa
442 Reviews
Calistoga, CA
Phoenix
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 women seeking get-away

The Mount View has a great package that might work for you. It is their Historic Birthday Package. They do not have any 2 bedroom suites but with this package you could still get a bargin on the regular suites if you will be staying three nights. Take a look at them on line at their web site under packages

Mentioned in this post
Mount View Hotel & Spa
Mount View Hotel & Spa
442 Reviews
Calistoga, CA
San Francisco
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 women seeking get-away

You might also check out Indian Springs. They have a big house (4 bedroom I think) on the property that I rented with a bunch of friends once and we had a great time! It books very far in advance though, especially on weekends. They too are right downtown so you can walk to everything and they have a wonderful 20's style spa. I've stayed at both Indian Springs and the Mount View and find the ambiance at Indian Springs to be more authentic "old style" Calistoga while Mount View is more of a traditional modern spa experience. The mineral pool at Indian Springs is huge and wonderful! I believe the prices are about the same for the two places so it's really a matter of taste.

Mentioned in this post
Indian Springs Calistoga
Indian Springs Calistoga
2,770 Reviews
Calistoga, CA
Mount View Hotel & Spa
Mount View Hotel & Spa
442 Reviews
Calistoga, CA
Calistoga
Calistoga
Napa Valley, CA
4. Re: 8 women seeking get-away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2005, 06:18
Level Contributor
37,772 posts
959 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 women seeking get-away

Another vote for Indian Springs Resort. We really enjoyed our stay here in the cool bungalows. The Olympic pool is open until midnight, very thereaputic and relaxing..... Do a word search for Indian Springs Resort to learn more! Have fun!

Check out the Wappo Bar & Bistro for dinner or lunch!

Mentioned in this post
Indian Springs Calistoga
Indian Springs Calistoga
2,770 Reviews
Calistoga, CA
Columbus, OH
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 women seeking get-away

I just returned from Calistoga for my 50th BD celebration! We stayed at the Culver Mansion (walking distance to downtown)-wonderful breakfast and gracious hospitality. Beautiful, comfortable rooms, check out their internet special ($90)if you haven't yet made reservations!! We dined at Brannon's Grille and visited the Calistoga Inn Spa for facials..it was a relaxing, fun and memorable vacation! What more could a girl want?! Check out www.culvermansion.com

Mentioned in this post
Calistoga
Calistoga
Napa Valley, CA
Calistoga Inn
Calistoga Inn
674 Reviews
Calistoga, CA
Get answers to your questions about Calistoga