We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Calistoga

san luis obispo
2 posts
Save Topic
What to do in Calistoga

Any ideas on what to do in Calistoga other then day spa or wineries?

Mentioned in this post
Calistoga
Calistoga
Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
37,591 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Calistoga

Those are really the two main attractions in this area, and the mud baths. Do you like great food? Check out the Wappo Bar & Bistro in Calistoga. There is also the Old Faithful Geyser, but we were very unimpressed with this attraction. Kind of like a broken sprinkler, LOL :)

Mentioned in this post
Calistoga
Calistoga
Napa Valley, CA
san luis obispo
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Calistoga

Thank you, are there any movie theaters in town?

Level Contributor
37,591 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Calistoga

There is the Cameo Cinemas in St. Helena, about 8 miles from Calistoga. :)

Mentioned in this post
St. Helena
St. Helena
Napa Valley, CA
Calistoga
Calistoga
Napa Valley, CA
Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Calistoga

I personally love Calistoga. Think of Cayucas without the ocean to compare. It is tiny and quaint and has some really nice restaurants. I loved the mud baths - expensive but should always try everything once! Many of the spas have mineral water pools to relax in. There is a darling short downtown with good boutiques and several nice bookstores, etc.

Depends on why you are going and what you want to be doing. It is a great starting off point for wine tasting with some great wineries.

Mentioned in this post
Calistoga
Calistoga
Napa Valley, CA
Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Calistoga

I've got to say that I'm one (of few?) who love to visit the Old Faithful Geyser AND the Petrified Forest! But we go during off season (not summer) and so the crowds aren't there to disturb things. It's just us and a very nostalgic view of nature--kind of 1950's style when times were simpler and no one knew about or expected complex entertainment. So if you're longing to leave technology and sophistication behind for a bit, go visit these sites near Calistoga and return to the "days of yore".

Mentioned in this post
Petrified Forest
Petrified Forest
435 Reviews
Calistoga, CA
Calistoga
Calistoga
Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Calistoga

Go for a walk down Lincoln Avenue, stop and look at the bridge, read the posted messages, look up to the left and enjoy the crags of the palisades ( with hopefully a brilliant sun back drop), stop at Pacifico Restaurant for a Margarita (and cool eats), cross the crosswalk, walk back in the direction of the Palisades Mountains, stop in and check out the shops(which close early) , keep walking, buy a bottle of wine wherever you can. Take a left on Washington Street and check out the old city hall, cross the street and find a remarkable small town museum, go back to Lincoln, look up, see some stars (weather permitting), keep walking to find your lodging.For me, my place to stay is Doc's. I suggest keeping an eye on the amazing hills that surround the town.

Get answers to your questions about Calistoga