We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly lodging/ activities in and around Calistoga

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family friendly lodging/ activities in and around Calistoga

Is there such a thing as family friendly lodging in Calistoga? My best friend is getting married next September at Hans Fahden Winery (I'm the matron of honor) and we are debating taking our twin boys with us, who will be just shy of two years old. My mom will probably be coming along so we'll have some help.

Any recommendations on where to stay? B&Bs seem to be out since we really need at least two queen beds. The bride will be booking a block at the Calistoga Hot Springs, which does have some suites that might work for us. I also called Indian Springs -- they have cottages, anyone have opinions about it? Do any of these resorts allow little ones in their pools? It might cause a breakdown if they're not allowed to swim in a pool they can see, although I totally get that some resorts who want a calm atmosphere don't want little monkeys splashing their guests.

Also, if we do take the kids, are there things to do with them in or around Calistoga? We may do one day of wine tasting but I can't imagine trying to keep them happy through more than one day of that.

Any thoughts appreciated!!

Mentioned in this post
Calistoga
Calistoga
Napa Valley, CA
Indian Springs Calistoga
Indian Springs Calistoga
2,869 Reviews
Calistoga, CA
San Jose
Level Contributor
3,384 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family friendly lodging/ activities in and around Calistoga

I'd strongly recommend the Comfort Inn. We were there a few months back. If I'm not mistaken it is right across the road from the Calistoga Hot Springs too. Free breakfast, small pool but not crowded, just on the outer edge of town so maybe less foot traffic. If you do go there, request a courtyard view room away from the road.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32143-d76277-R…

Mentioned in this post
Calistoga
Calistoga
Napa Valley, CA
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family friendly lodging/ activities in and around Calistoga

Did you not like the answers on your other thread on the same question?

Calistoga...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Family friendly lodging/ activities in and around Calistoga

Yes, both of those resorts allow children! Either choice would be great. There are lots of fun things to do in Calistoga with children, and even in the evening you see the stroller set rolling about town.

Mentioned in this post
Calistoga
Calistoga
Napa Valley, CA
Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family friendly lodging/ activities in and around Calistoga

Oops. Two posts same topic.

5. Re: Family friendly lodging/ activities in and around Calistoga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 17:15