We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LA-Glendale weekend blitz

Orlando, Florida
2 posts
LA-Glendale weekend blitz

I'm not a very impulsive person, but recently out of the blue I bought concert tickets for my favorite artist performing an exclusive 4 week residency at Complex in Glendale. Trouble is, I'm located in Orlando, FL. ha.

I have a limited amount of time, and so will be flying out really for a three day weekend. Its a long flight for such a short stay, I know, but it is what it is.

My question is, it will most likely be my sister and I. She's doing me a favor by tagging along to the show so I'd like to be able to show her a good time sightseeing on the other day and a half I have there. For such a short stay, will we absolutely need a car? Or are there a few things we can do that we can get by without one? I think I'll be staying very close to the concert venue, so getting to and from the show will be easy. But if she, say, wanted to see some of the LA touristy things, is it possible to jet down to LA proper without a car? What would be the must do's on a trip so short?

4 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: LA-Glendale weekend blitz

weekend cars are quite inexpensive, and you will have taxi or shuttle charges back and forth to Glendale if you don't rent a car........I think it will be worth it. You're flying into LAX airport, or Burbank ?

Orlando, Florida
2 posts
2. Re: LA-Glendale weekend blitz

I have not bought airfare just yet. Waiting on confirmation from my sister first. LAX had the better fare, but Burbank seems much closer to Glendale. I found a good deal on Air BnB a few blocks from the venue.

3. Re: LA-Glendale weekend blitz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 09:37

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: LA-Glendale weekend blitz

Burbank is probably worth the connection/stop somewhere but it would depend on how much more the fare is. Burbank is an easy airport from which to rent a car and the drive to Glendale is a cinch. Since your time in the area is so short, you should get a car, waiting for bus transportation to see Hollywood or Beverly Hills or the beach areas would be terrible.

Reply to: LA-Glendale weekend blitz
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glendale