We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette Suggestions!??

Alameda, California
4 posts
Save Topic
Bachelorette Suggestions!??

Hello all,

I am planning out a friends Bachelorette party and looking for some ideas/suggestions.

We originally found a nice spot to sip on wine near a pool, but that location is booked through the year.

So now I am looking for similar new ideas.

I'm not completely familiar with the area. We would like to get together have lunch somewhere,

do some wine tasting and (or) check out some cool craft beers, then have a nice dinner.

Thanks in advance!

10 replies to this topic
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
686 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelorette Suggestions!??

Daniellen,

I'm not quite sure what you're asking- do you need assistance finding a place to stay or finding a place/places to arrange your activities for the event?

Alameda, California
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelorette Suggestions!??

I'm looking for winery and (or) brewery suggestions. The original plan was to reserve a spot at a place called Coppola's near their pool. They are booked through the year.

So, I guess what I am looking for is a place with a nice view and a area I can reserve for the ladies

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelorette Suggestions!??

Hi, Coppola is the only winery with a pool on the property. I would suggest to choose a hotel/resort with pool such as Flamingo in Santa Rosa, Doubletree by Hilton in Rohnert Park, Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn in Sonoma or others (filter on the TripAdvisor Sonoma County page for resorts with pool). Then look at nearby wineries for drinks and scenic views. Many wineries have wine by the glass, food and wine pairings or picnics. Google: "Best wineries in Sonoma county" and you'll find a lot of info. You can also book a chauffeured car or van with Pure Luxury or Beau Wine tours, which many groups do.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa
Sonoma County, CA
Rohnert Park
Rohnert Park
Sonoma County, CA
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Fairmont Sonoma Mission...
1,405 Reviews
Sonoma, CA
Sonoma
Sonoma
Sonoma County, CA
Sonoma County
Sonoma County
California
4. Re: Bachelorette Suggestions!??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 July 2017, 23:35

Alameda, California
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachelorette Suggestions!??

Too old for all of that. Thanks though!

Alameda, California
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bachelorette Suggestions!??

Thank you so much for the information, and I apologize for the delayed response! I will look into the locations you mentioned above. Although they are fantastic recommendations, I'm not sure that a hotel/resort is what I am looking for ( I could be wrong!). I should have mentioned that the bride to be currently local and I'm only about an hour away. I'm trying really hard to pick a place(or two) that would be a little out of the ordinary for her. The pool would be fantastic, but what's important is a place with a scenic view and relaxed environment for roughly 7 people to do some tastings and chat. I guess what I am saying is somewhere not so touristy. We will be starting off in Healdsburg if that makes a difference! And willing to drive a bit of a distance. The chauffeured car is a great idea! Thanks Again!

Mentioned in this post
Healdsburg
Healdsburg
Sonoma County, CA
American Canyon...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bachelorette Suggestions!??

That sounds lame, shes on vacation in a beautiful area, who wants to be stuck on their phone all day doing filters?

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
19,841 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bachelorette Suggestions!??

Maybe a nice Airbnb house with a deck on the river for the day, and hire a catering company to provide wine and snacks? Or contact Applewood Inn about a private event?

I can't think of many wineries with scenic views in the Guerneville area. And most wineries with decks where you can lounge all afternoon will be large enough that they might seem touristy (Gloria Ferrar, Domaine Carneros, Jacuzzi)... and they're closer to Sonoma than Healdsburg. Although Bartholomew Park might work --

no view, but nice wooded picnic area (but again, closer to Sonoma).

Mentioned in this post
Applewood Inn And Spa
Applewood Inn And Spa
558 Reviews
Guerneville, CA
Guerneville
Guerneville
Sonoma County, CA
Domaine Carneros
Domaine Carneros
1,267 Reviews
Napa, CA
Sonoma
Sonoma
Sonoma County, CA
Healdsburg
Healdsburg
Sonoma County, CA
Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
822 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bachelorette Suggestions!??

Sounds like you're a pretty low-key group and looking for a nice, scenic area to chill, chat, and try some wines. And you said you'd be starting out in Healdsburg. The Sonoma Lake Overlook is a beautiful place with views of the lake, as well as some of the vineyards and wineries in the valley below. It would be cool to reserve an area there and work with a nearby winery to have someone do a tasting for you there. I don't know if that would even be allowed, though. Not sure if you could reserve that area or whether bringing in wine to do tastings would be allowed there. Maybe worth asking, though.

Another thought would be to work with one of the local wineries to see if they would arrange a private area and tasting somewhere in one of their vineyards. One that comes to mind is Mauritson. They own a significant portion of the vineyards in the Rockpile region (which is also near Sonoma Lake and hilly with nice views). I remember reading about them offering private tours and tastings in their Rockpile vineyards for wine club members. They might be willing to arrange it for a party like yours, as well.

Of course, either of those outdoor type plans could be affected by the weather, so you might need to have a back-up in case of rain.

Mentioned in this post
Healdsburg
Healdsburg
Sonoma County, CA
Sonoma
Sonoma
Sonoma County, CA
10. Re: Bachelorette Suggestions!??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 July 2017, 18:05

Reply to: Bachelorette Suggestions!??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guerneville
More Guerneville Topics