We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions needed

Level Contributor
145 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions needed

We'd be staying at an airbnb in Guerneville for an extended weekend. What are some places that we should go to (please exclude the wineries). We have a one year old, so not looking for river rafting and similar activities. Anything which involves easy hikes is good.

I have planned for a visit to Fort Ross and Salt point state park (along with a lunch at timbercove restaurant). What else?

Also, we are from SFO. So on our way back, is there anything interesting that is worth a visit? We would be checking out around 10 am and have the whole day in hand for sightseeing.

3 replies to this topic
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
658 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions needed

Staying in Guerneville? Armstrong Redwood Preserve for sure

San Anselmo...
Level Contributor
589 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions needed

I might suggest on your trip back to Sunnyvale you go along the coast. Jenner (a bit out of the way) and Bolinas have their merits as do Tomales and Point Reyes Station. If you like oysters (I am allergic) there is a good place near Marshell that has them. Do some study but the coast road is the way to go.

From Guerneville you might want to have a sunset drink at Rivers End, in Jenner. I cannot recommend the food and it is expensive but the view is wonderful. Others may offer dinner suggestions, I understand there are some good places in Duncans Mill (far different then when I first went through there some 50 years ago).

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions needed

Hi, Armstrong Redwoods is a great redwoods parks with easy hikes. Driving the coast loop to Bodega Bay is worthwhile. There are nice seafood restaurants and Doran Beach Regional Park is an easy beach park to get to and park at. Calm waters and easy beach walk.

Reply to: Suggestions needed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guerneville
More Guerneville Topics