We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need driving directions from Central Coast

Central coast of...
Level Contributor
100 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Need driving directions from Central Coast

I'm heading up to Guerneville for a camping trip in a few weeks and totally unfamiliar with this area. I'll be coming from the Pismo Beach area & would like to avoid the busiest areas of the Bay Area and also avoid winding roads (i.e. parts of Hwy 1) if possible. Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,940 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need driving directions from Central Coast

There really isn't anyway you can avoid the busiest areas of the Bay Area unless you go way out of your way. You can pick the right time to pass through the Bay Area, thus avoiding heavy traffic.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need driving directions from Central Coast

You can avoid Hwy 1 by taking 101. You can avoid SF but that would still put you in the East Bay.

Central coast of...
Level Contributor
100 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need driving directions from Central Coast

Thanks for the replies. I'll plan on taking 101 all the way, if possible, and leave here early in the a.m. to avoid Friday traffic.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need driving directions from Central Coast

On summer Fridays you need to be ON the Golden Gate Bridge by 2PM, or very soon thereafter, or you'll have stop and go the entire way to Santa Rosa.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,940 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need driving directions from Central Coast

If somehow you find yourself unable to get to the Golden Gate Bridge by 2 pm, I'd suggest you take the 880 from the 101, cross the Richmond Bridge (toll required) to San Rafael, then onto Guerneville.

Reply to: Need driving directions from Central Coast
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guerneville
More Guerneville Topics