We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoke from fires?

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
815 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
smoke from fires?

How is the air quality in your area? I may be visiting in about ten days with a friend is concerned due to some respiratory issues. Thank you for your feedback.

9 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: smoke from fires?

It's fine, nothing to worry about, fire is just about anywyas, come on out

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
80 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoke from fires?

I am in Benicia today and the air quality is really bad.

Level Contributor
1,171 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: smoke from fires?

The quality is bad because of the heat wave, the heat wave will be over in a day, air quality is always bad during the heat waves, the high pressure keeps all the polution in the air. Will be gone in a day or two

4. Re: smoke from fires?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 09:46

Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smoke from fires?

Hi, I am looking at a driving trip from San Francisco to Napa then Yosemite in early October. Given the drought and fires in Northern California, is it a good idea to visit Napa this year in terms of air quality and scenery?

Guerneville...
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: smoke from fires?

There's a lot a smoke in the air here in Guerneville. It's mainly from the fires in Humbolt and Trinty counties and according to local fire crews, are so remote, they aren't likely to extinguished until the winter rains come. Some friends with serious respiratory issues are reporting difficulty breathing and are "hugging their nebulizer". The weather folks on TV are reporting that things should start clearing out today, August 18

Edited: 18 August 2015, 23:19
Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: smoke from fires?

Thank you RiverNic , I guess the TV is referring to the current heat wave which will pass and the air will be better. But re the fires up north which will not be put out and the fire crews are just waiting for rain to do the job, is it likely that there could still be smoke problems around early to mid-October, the planned date for my trip. I am looking at driving along the coastline from San Francisco to Mendocino and to Healdsburg then down to Napa.

Thank you for your help.

Guerneville...
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: smoke from fires?

That, my friend, is the million dollar question ( billions really, considering the cost to fight the fires).Mid October is about when the weather here on the north coast begins to change so there's a good chance things will have cooled off and cleared out

Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: smoke from fires?

Thank you RiverNic :-) Will keep my fingers crossed. Appreciate your time.

Reply to: smoke from fires?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guerneville
More Guerneville Topics