We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubers/taxi/car service

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Ubers/taxi/car service

Hi there--we'll be there in a few weeks with a group of 8-10 over the weekend. We're staying at a house in the area but will need transportation into town; wondering if it's worth renting an hourly car service for the evening or if there are enough uber/lyft/taxi cars in the area? Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ubers/taxi/car service

Where are you actually staying at? Some places are remote and lack cell service. Also where are you trying to go?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ubers/taxi/car service

Hi--We're staying near Rio Nido and are planning to go to downtown Guerneville, maybe Stumptown and maybe Korbel. Very short distances, which is why a driver seems like overkill, but I also wonder about wait time around there for 2 cars if we use uber/lyft? Thanks for the help!

Level Contributor
1,147 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ubers/taxi/car service

Probably a long wait time since drivers typically aren't anywhere near that area. Let me ask you this, are all of you in the group coming in 1 big van? You could always a hire a driver to drive you in your rental car if it's big enough for all of you? Might be $200 for the day, you could also always just call a cab company, they would be more than willing to do it and will be there at a prompt time.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ubers/taxi/car service

Thanks. No, we'll have a few separate cars. I think we'll just reorganize the days and use designated drivers or cabs. Thanks for your help!

Level Contributor
1,147 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ubers/taxi/car service

Sure, Rio Nido is so close to all the spots you want to visit, only a mile or two away

6. Re: Ubers/taxi/car service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 June 2016, 03:35

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
215 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ubers/taxi/car service

Since you'll be needing a car every day I would just rent a van. Parking is very easy in town.

I'm in Guerneville now. In the morning no Uber cars were available. And the Lyft app said it wasn't active in this area.

Reply to: Ubers/taxi/car service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guerneville
More Guerneville Topics