We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

Hi,

I have a meeting at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay, CA in March, and trying to figure out cost effective transportation. The rep at the snobby Ritz recommended a town-car to/from the airport that cost $200 and up each way, and was not particularly friendly when I asked for cheaper options.

What is the most cost effective way to get from San Francisco or San Jose airport to the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay?

Is there any car rental company in Half Moon Bay that provide a shuttle between their location and the Ritz Carlton?

What about airport shuttle bus?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay
California
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
San Jose
San Jose
California
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

I am afraid the most cost effective way for you to get from either airport to Half Moon Bay is to rent a car and drive yourself.

The amenities you are asking (shuttles from the airports or from a rental car company in town to the Ritz Carlton) just do not exist. You are not in LA any longer, you are in a small coastal town whose main claim to fame is the Ritz, and that is fairly recent history.

Fly into SFO. Rent a car and take Hwy 380 from the airport up to Hwy 280 and go south until you come to the Half Moon Bay exit, Hwy 92.

You say you are going to a meeting. Do not the meeting organizers have a solution for your problem? I might just check with them to see how all of the other people at the meting are getting there from the airport.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
57,619 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

Why would you need a shuttle from a local HMB rental car company ? What is it you are trying to do ? Rent one way between the airport and a HMB car rental ? Why ? Are you staying the night in HMB or going back the same day ? San Jose to HMB by car via 280 -- traffic during the peak hours , a fast amazing drive during the non peak time

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
California
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,705 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

Yes, renting a car would be most cost effective and convenient. Also confused if you are just going for the day or staying there.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

If you're going to be there for a few days and don't want to rack up rental car charges (and the Ritz charges for parking too I believe), I use Pleasant Limo. They charge $57 for SFO->SF. The trip from SFO to HMB isn't that much longer. http://pleasantlimo.com/

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
38,297 posts
1,004 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

Pleasant Limo sounds like a nice way to go if you don't want to drive. Are you staying at The Ritz? It's a beautiful hotel in a gorgeous setting. We have stayed there and found everyone to be very pleasant and helpful. Navio and The Conservatory Lounge both serve wonderful food there. Half Moon Bay is a sleepy little coastal town with a pretty harbor and some very good restaurants. :)

Mentioned in this post
Navio
Navio
309 Reviews
Half Moon Bay, CA
The Conservatory
The Conservatory
185 Reviews
Half Moon Bay, CA
Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay
California
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

Thank you all for your response.

Yes, I am going to stay at the Ritz for 7 nights. So I am hoping to rent a car at the airport and drop it off at that company rental office in HMB, to avoid massive rental and parking charge ($20/day), and simply do the opposite on my departure day.

Does Half Moon Bay have an airport ?

Thank you.

Birgitte

Mentioned in this post
Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay
California
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

>>>Does Half Moon Bay have an airport ?>>>

OH, my, no. Half Moon Bay is a sleepy little village on the coast.

As I said in my previous message.....You are in a small coastal town whose main claim to fame is the Ritz, and that is fairly recent history."

Enjoy your stay.

Mentioned in this post
Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay
California
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
57,619 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

Sure are you flying in solo ? You could fly from LA to Half Moon Bay Airport ?

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KHAF

I think it may be cheaper to fly commercial than to fly into HAF. One way rentals are also quite expensive and typically the drop off is an airport (commercial) . You may want to look at a LIMO ride or see if Super Shuttle can drop you and then you may want to see the cost of a one way rental from HMB to SFO by car on your way back.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

Thank you, Belomiser

I have a friend with a private plane who is willing to give me a ride (or do you call it a flight?) to and from Half Moon Bay.

And looks like this airport is fairly close to the Ritz.

Otherwise, it'll have to be the limo, just no cheap-way-out,

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay
California
Level Contributor
38,297 posts
1,004 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

Wow... 7 nights! Lucky you! Please let us know your thoughts after your stay. Enjoy! :).

Get answers to your questions about Half Moon Bay