We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

half moon bay ca to mill valley ca

Mikwaukee
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
half moon bay ca to mill valley ca

Can one go from half moon bay to mill valley without traveling on 19

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: half moon bay ca to mill valley ca

Sure, but what is your problem with 19th avenue? It's rather pleasant for at least half of it (northern part). It is also one of the least stressful ways for a new traveler to get through to Mill Valley. Quite a nice drive.

Mikwaukee
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: half moon bay ca to mill valley ca

too busy

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,345 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: half moon bay ca to mill valley ca

Then take Hwy 1 to Skyline Blvd to Great Highway ( easy to miss left turn here).

Then Geary to 30th Ave. You you can turn left here but can not on many intersections. I usually make my way to 25th Ave but too complicated to explain and not as scenic. Take 30th to Camino del Mar (through the Sea Cliff neighbirhood) and that becomes Lincoln which should take you to the bridge.

Slightly round about but may or may not be faster. Make sure you check there are not foot races on Great Highway - usually early weekends if it happens.

Edited: 22 June 2014, 02:36
San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: half moon bay ca to mill valley ca

Not sure how you are going to get across Golden Gate Bridge if you think 19th Avenue is too busy.

Highway 101 can be busy past GGBridge too. Avoid 3-7 pm commute times, if you can't stand traffic.

Another alternate cut over from the Great Highway would be through Golden Gate Park. Check your map.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
54,260 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: half moon bay ca to mill valley ca

By the way OP, please remember this a full service website and not twitter or a text side. Fellow TA members are all volunteers here and are taking the time to type answers in sentences. If you don't want to provide info or type full sentences, it does sound kinda rude imho

I presume you are on vacation and I presume you have access to google maps. Time to take it out and map our a route. Let us know if you need help with using Google maps.

6. Re: half moon bay ca to mill valley ca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2017, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Half Moon Bay