We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from DAL term 2/3 to TBIT LAX best route

12 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from DAL term 2/3 to TBIT LAX best route

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions. Traveling from MCO on DAL to LAX so should arrive in either terminal 2 or 3. Then traveling on KAL out of TBIT later that night. DAL flight arrives at 1pm, KAL flight is at 11:30p so theres a long wait but thats what I wanted. So I wanted to know whats the best way to get to the TBIT since theres no rush, and once there do you have to check in (at KAL) first before going to the KAL lounge which I believe is on the 5th floor.

Thanks for any answers and help.....stanski

12 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
3,876 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from DAL term 2/3 to TBIT LAX best route

No you do not have to check-in first.

With manageable luggage, just walk out of the terminal, turn right, and follow the sidewalk for a 5 min walk to TBIT.

You can see the walk at the 4:00minute mark of this video, they arrive at TBIT at 4:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Evg9VEaYdo

Edited: 16 November 2017, 04:07
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from DAL term 2/3 to TBIT LAX best route

Thanks for the reply Tom. I guess I should have mentioned we will have our luggage since it won't be checked through I believe for the KAL flight. So even if we have luggage and get to the TBIT we can get to this lounge? So I'm assuming it is outside of any TSA or security points......Or would we do that first but I guess we can't since we have bags to check......Thanks

3. Re: Transfer from DAL term 2/3 to TBIT LAX best route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 November 2017, 06:14
Edited: 16 November 2017, 06:14

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from DAL term 2/3 to TBIT LAX best route

KAL Lounge is definitely airside after security screening. Are you sure you can't get your bags checked through between the two Skyteam members you're flying on? Doing online checkin and getting your bags checked through would sure make life easier including being able to entirely stay airside if you wanted.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from DAL term 2/3 to TBIT LAX best route

Addendum: Might not be able to get those bags checked through after all if seperate PNRs even though they are Skyteam partners 😒 bummer.

Edited: 16 November 2017, 06:43
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from DAL term 2/3 to TBIT LAX best route

Yes thanks Lenny, Unfortuately I booked the tickets separate so I could use my points for the DAL tickets. I called both KAL and DAL and they told me to ask the check in counter in MCO before we depart if they can check bags all the way through since they are sky member airlines. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see. But here's a question because no one at KAL can answer it correctly for me. If we have to check our bags and I have a boarding pass ahead of time do we still have to wait until 20:00 for the ticket counter to open to check our bags in at the KAL counter? If so that sucks......

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,832 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from DAL term 2/3 to TBIT LAX best route

DAL -- Delta ?

KAL ? Korean

Since you did not book on one ticket then as mentioned it is up to the gate agent checking your bags at Orlando to decide. If they do ,great. if not well you are stuck with the bags until the Korean Check in opens. I don't think Korean has multiple flights to Seoul so they or their GSA won't open early and you cannot use the lounge with all those bags. One of the many reasons to purchase one ticket but I get why you did not

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from DAL term 2/3 to TBIT LAX best route

If I may ask OP, you originally wrote that the 10 hour layover was long but what you wanted. What was your ingoing idea for that period of time? Do something outside the airport or just hang in the lounge? If the latter the only easy solution I can think of is going to sound crazy, but maybe less crazy than hanging around landside for 6 hours. Assuming you've done online checkin for your KAL flight and their baggage drop only opens at 8PM, rent a cheap car, put your bags in the trunk, leave the car on the rental lot, go into the lounge till 7PM and then go get your bags. Or spend the afternoon with the rental car aka roving luggage storage device at one of the more easily accessible places like Manhattan or Venice Beach. Or avail yourselves of a nearby luggage storage company like this who also picks up from and returns the luggage to curbside at the terminal - http://www.laxluggagestorage.com/ - although don't know if I'd do that without really knowing from reviews or referrals that the company was very reliable with timely drop off of the luggage. But as you can see when it comes to avoiding 6 hours hanging landside at a terminal my mind goes into hyperdrive since that would be torture for me haha. Good luck.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from DAL term 2/3 to TBIT LAX best route

Something I came across explaining Delta's baggage through check policy with 1 or 2 tickets: https://pro.delta.com/content/agency/mx/en/n…

12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer from DAL term 2/3 to TBIT LAX best route

Thanks Lenny,

Since KAL is a Sky Team member hopefully the gate agent in Orlando will do us a favor and check the bags through! It's worth a shot. And in response to your question in your earlier reply about my long layover.

I wanted to use my DAL miles to pay for the tickets and wanted to fly non-stop MCO-LAX. My only options were arrive at 1:00pm or 9:00pm. I did not want to take a chance with the late flight in case of a delay or something and then miss the KAL flight! Thanks for all the help......

Reply to: Transfer from DAL term 2/3 to TBIT LAX best route
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted