We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX 1 Hr layover enough time?

Indiana
Level Contributor
93 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
LAX 1 Hr layover enough time?

Flying Delta from Indianapolis, IN to Maui on Delta.Have a 1 hour layover in LAX. Will I catch Maui flight in same terminal.

7 replies to this topic
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,697 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX 1 Hr layover enough time?

Only if your ticket is booked on Delta all the way. They are responsible for transporting your luggage and know when making the reservations it works. Your gate might be right across from the one you land.

Indiana
Level Contributor
93 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX 1 Hr layover enough time?

Yes, Delta all the way

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,804 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LAX 1 Hr layover enough time?

you can simply google the two delta flights to see which terminals they typically use T2 or T3 -- it is that simple. Unless someone is consistently flying those same routes, not sure how anyone else would know this, with due respect.

Worst case if one uses T2 and the other T3 there is an airside shuttle or best case as CAn says they could be right next to each other.

I personally would not book such as short layover -- what if your first flight is 30-40 minutes late ? Yes I agree it is DL's responsibility to get you and your bags to HI but do you want to spend 3-4-5 or x hours at LAX instead of a nice hotel in HI or the beach ?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,721 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LAX 1 Hr layover enough time?

Too short.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,697 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LAX 1 Hr layover enough time?

What are your flight numbers on Delta? I looked on their site and found about 22 flights to Maui connecting through LAX, from Indianapolis. One had about an hour and half and another 1:55 min between flights.

I've flown Delta from LAX through Cincinnati to Boston with 1:20 between flights, which didn't seem like much, but it went very smoothly. Are you sure you don't have more time on one ticket?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LAX 1 Hr layover enough time?

just in case your bags get delayed, i'd pack a change of cloths in a carry on bag with your toilettres

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,975 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: LAX 1 Hr layover enough time?

More than enough time assuming you are on time arriving.

Reply to: LAX 1 Hr layover enough time?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted