We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Stockport,UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

Hi Guys,we are staying in LA for 3 nights on the way home to the UK from holidaying in Hawaii.Wondering where to stay to suit us.We would like to stay in the city, to walk to the sights, shopping,restaurants,bars, etc.We would probably take a bus tour to view LA and take a walk along the beachfront sometime.

Any 4 star hotel suggestions would be appreciated.I was'nt planning on getting a car so it will be public transport all the way.

Thanks in advance. Max.

Stockport,UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay

I've just looked at Starline tours,perfect. Thanks MachThree.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,992 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay

The Shore Hotel, Shutters and the Fairmont are all good choices in Santa Monica.

The Santa Monica city bus system, The Big Blue Bus, is very good and can get you to either Downtown LA easily, where you can grab the subway to Hollywood. There are many places you can get to outside of SaMo using their transit system.

www.bigbluebus.com/busroutes/index.asp#100

Stockport,UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay

Thanks for the link,very useful.At least I have plenty of options.I'm wondering now whether to stay at Hollywood and check out Venice Beach on a day out.Decisions,decisions.With us having 2 weeks on Hawaii we were thinking of more of a city break in LA.I need to weigh thinks up more,I have plenty of time anyway,so glad I came on here with the question,so helpful.Max.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,869 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to stay

Santa Monica is a city and in no way resembles Hawaii.

Staying in Hollywood is like staying in Picadilly Circus in London. If you like that sort of touristy area, then that's for you. If you want to walk to a plethora of great restaurants, bars/nightlife, shopping, and have half a dozen upscale hotels to choose from, then look at SM.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,435 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where to stay

"We intend to take a walk along the front at Venice Beach,I've seen a few reports about it being a little "dodgy" in places,as we will most likely go in the evening for a drink and people watching is this a good idea.Thanks. Max."

You can certainly enjoy a drink at any of the places along Abbot Kinney Blvd., but I would not recommend the Venice Beach Boardwalk at night. Santa Monica's 3rd St. Promenade will provide all of the street entertainment and people watching you could want.

16. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 12:17