We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Burbank to Oceanside?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Drive from Burbank to Oceanside?

We are spending 5 nights in Oceanside in late August. Flying into Long beach. My daughter wants to go to the Warner Bro's studio tour. Our flight arrives at 9:30 am on a Thursday, my thought was to drive to the studio tour (how long will this take at 10 am on a Thursday?) and after the tour drive to Oceanside. My Google map says 2 hours approximately to Oceanside, but I wondered what it really is with traffic on a Thursday afternoon if we leave Burbank at 3 is?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Oceanside
Oceanside
California
Long Beach
Long Beach
California
Burbank
Burbank
California
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19,459 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive from Burbank to Oceanside?

>> I wondered what it really is with traffic on a Thursday afternoon if we leave Burbank at 3 is? <<

Your drive from the airport (Burbank?) to the studio is not a big issue. But the afternoon after your studio tour, if driving from Burbank around 3 to Oceanside... you will face sitting in traffic for more time than you want to experience. I would take it easy, find a cafe somewhere and spend some time, have an early dinner, and wait it out until at least past 6 pm (7 pm is even better) before I start driving.

Or maybe sight-see a little more? Hollywood Reservoir, Mulholland Drive, Griffith Observatory are all nearby.

Mentioned in this post
Burbank
Burbank
California
Oceanside
Oceanside
California
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive from Burbank to Oceanside?

Hi Abigail !

You are best to wait until after dinner in the LA area before getting on the freeway to come south. I wouldn't leave the area before 6:30 or 7:00.

Generally speaking you want to be on the road no later than around 1:30 or after 6:30.

3. Re: Drive from Burbank to Oceanside?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2016, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Oceanside