We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
757 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Groceries

I'll be driving 76 east tomorrow, and am looking for a good place to get groceries. Especially need very fresh produce (Brussels sprouts), and am also interested in a deli. Sprouts is my usual store at home, and I see one along my route. But I wanted to ask about Daniel's Market in Bonsall. Is it nice? It just a few things we need, and I'm not terribly concerned about price.

Thanks in advance.

Beach Break Cafe
$$ - $$$, American, Cafe
Ty's Burger House
$$ - $$$, American, Bar
Harney Sushi
$$ - $$$, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
So.Cal
Level Contributor
367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groceries

Never been to Daniel's, so can't help there, but Sprouts is great, and so is Frazier Farms (not too far out of your way - near the I5/Oceanside Blvd. exit). Trader Joe's often has fresh sprouts still on the stalk, but they're a little farther out of your way (Vista Way in Oceanside) and you should call to see if they have them in stock.

Mentioned in this post
Oceanside
Oceanside
California
Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
757 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groceries

Thank you! I'd forgotten about the stalks at TJ'S - that's a good idea!

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
674 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Groceries

You could still consider Daniel's, which is a very nice neighborhood market, with a good produce section, and they do have a deli.

greeley, CO
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groceries

Another vote for Fraizier Farms. There is also Cream of the Crop on hwy 1 just north of Carlsbad.

Mentioned in this post
Carlsbad
Carlsbad
California
Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
757 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Groceries

Thanks so much! Plans changed, and I had to go the 91 to 15 instead. I've noted Frazier Farms for next time, as it sounds like my kind of place. Thanks again!

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
757 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Groceries

I tried Daniel's Market yesterday, and was very pleased. Good, fresh produce. High quality products (Dudleys bread, Harris Ranch meat). And an excellent local beer selection, even for us non-IPA fans... I found a San Diego Porter that I've been wishing to find.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
7. Re: Groceries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2017, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Oceanside