We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best African cuisine in San Diego?

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
3 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Best African cuisine in San Diego?

I am pretty bland... and I am trying to change... I love to eat, but I am almost entirely unfamiliar with cuisine from the continent of Africa. I have had Ethiopian food once or twice... but other than that... the African continent is pretty much new and unexperienced. I would love to hear some suggestions from my fellow foodies to broaden my horizons and to begin learning about the culture and cuisine of that entire continent. Your suggestions?

Ty's Burger House
$$ - $$$, American, Bar
Beach Break Cafe
$$ - $$$, American, Cafe
Harney Sushi
$$ - $$$, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
66,310 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best African cuisine in San Diego?

Well you'll need to go to the areas around University Ave, and El Cajon Blvd in the city of San Diego.

Here are some ideas:

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=African+Restaurant&find_loc=San+Diego%2C+CA

I've only been to Ethiopian restaurants myself and of course Moroccan which can sometimes be more upscale. Too bad the Morroccan one in La Jolla closed.

Sorry the Yelp link is not working well.

Just put African restaurants/san diego into Google an you'll find a bunch.

Edited: 19 June 2016, 22:12
Mentioned in this post
El Cajon
El Cajon
California
San Diego
San Diego
California
La Jolla
La Jolla
San Diego, CA
Oceanside...
Level Contributor
3 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best African cuisine in San Diego?

Thank you for the response... going to follow your advice... Been to the one on El Cajon Blvd. It was pretty good... will keep researching.

Mentioned in this post
El Cajon
El Cajon
California
Oceanside...
Level Contributor
33 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best African cuisine in San Diego?

Check out the Thursday night Sunset Market weekly in Downtown Oceanside. There is a vendor with amazing West African food. One Love Island Cuisine in Oceanside has tasty Jamaican fare. http://www.oneloveislandcuisine.com/

Mentioned in this post
Oceanside Sunset Market
Oceanside Sunset Market
177 Reviews
Oceanside, CA
Oceanside
Oceanside
California
4. Re: Best African cuisine in San Diego?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2017, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Oceanside