We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer cost and what is San Gabriel like?

UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfer cost and what is San Gabriel like?

Hello everybody

Could anyone help please? My parents and sister are flying to LA in two weeks and are staying in the San Gabriel area as we have family there. Can anyone tell us the best way to get there? They are staying at the Hilton. Also how much they would expect to pay if they go by taxi?

Also what is San Gabriel like? We went to LA in October but stayed at the Sheraton in Downtown.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give us!

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfer cost and what is San Gabriel like?

I have no idea of the cost of a taxi as it will probably take around 45-1 hour to get to San Gabriel. I lived in South Pasaden near San Gabriel, and the only thing I went to San Gabriel for was the awesome Vietnamese food. There is a large asian population in San Gabriel. I would consider either renting a car as San Gabriel is not centrally located like downtown or super shuttle.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
6,934 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfer cost and what is San Gabriel like?

I'm only guessing about taxi fare, but perhaps $60-70 from LAX? I seem to recall that is what we paid to Pasadena, which is about the same distance from LAX. The Hilton San Gabriel is located in the very heart of the vast Asian American (Chinese primarily, also some Vietnamese) district of the suburban San Gabriel Valley. Just across the street is San Gabriel Square, a large, vibrant shopping center full of Asian (mostly Chinese) markets, shops and restaurants. There are countless shops and restaurants nearby.

San Gabriel is not far from Downtown Los Angeles or from Pasadena, another very interesting community-- and quite different from San Gabriel. There are many things to do within a reasonable drive. Will you have a car? And what are your interests?

Mentioned in this post
Pasadena
Pasadena
California
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfer cost and what is San Gabriel like?

Hello

Thanks for all the useful comments - we won't have a car, as our family are taking the time to show us round. The area/hotel was recommended by our family, as they live near there.

Both comments sound good - thanks for taking the time to reply.

4. Re: Airport transfer cost and what is San Gabriel like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about San Gabriel