We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego to Santa Barbara

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
421 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
San Diego to Santa Barbara

I am thinking of my options. Originally I thought I fly to SFO and travel down PCH to Santa Barbara for a wedding in December. Now I'm thinking of flying to San Diego and traveling north to SB. After the wedding, I'd fly out of LA. How long of a drive from San Diego to SB? Besides the San Diego Zoo, what else could I look forward to seeing. I don't want to take more than one week.

California
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: San Diego to Santa Barbara

Guardrails! http://www.vassg.hu/fotok/pacificcoast02.jpg

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: San Diego to Santa Barbara

Well of course the worst photo of traffic is going to be posted of the 405 in LA, taken during work commute.

Drive it between 9:30 am and 3:30 PM during the week, and it's not like that.

But I agree, the drive down from Monterey is beautiful along the coast.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
618 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: San Diego to Santa Barbara

The drive down PCH is simply the most beatiful drive in the world.

In San Diego, the only things really worth seeing are the Zoo and Sea World. Oldtown is nice but nothing extraordinary and the gaslamp has good eats and nightlife.

14. Re: San Diego to Santa Barbara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 13:40