We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My drive from San Diego to Santa Barbara

My drive from San Diego to Santa Barbara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 08:11
Santa Ynez Valley
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: My drive from San Diego to Santa Barbara

Madelynium,

Take the 405 into LA, then take the 10 Freeway east all the way to the beach where it will turn into the Pacific Coast Highway. Take that all the way up to Camarillo (about 30 miles along the coast) and exit at Las Posas Road (first exit after you start going inland) turn right and head north on Las Posas Road until you get to the 101 Freeway (about 5 miles) and get on the 101 North to Santa Barbara (about 45 minutes)....this route is a little longer (maybe a half hour) but the drive along the coast is well worth it and a nice break in the middle of what will be at least a four/five hour drive....

Santa Ynez Valley
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: My drive from San Diego to Santa Barbara

sorry...typo...take the 10 WEST

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My drive from San Diego to Santa Barbara

Just a side note. There is a service station at the Los Posos and 101 exit that is a great place to fill up your tank. Inside they have a full espresso bar, fresh pizza, sandwiches and an ice cream corner. Also clean restrooms, lots of snacks, a full service car wash, and picnic tables. I always stop there when traveling to or from San Diego. It's a perfect stop going either way, without having to pull off through helLA.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
618 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My drive from San Diego to Santa Barbara

YnezValley's route is certainly the most scenic BUT not the fastest. I would take the 405 to the 101 North/West for the fastest drive. You shouldnt hit too much traffic on a Saturday.

5. Re: My drive from San Diego to Santa Barbara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 13:33