We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommended restaurants

Solvang California
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
recommended restaurants

My cousins will be spending two days in SB Monday and Tuesday. What would you recommend for Breakfast and Dinner??? What is the name of the cafe at East Beach, the place right on the beach. Has anyone had their breakfast. I have seen the flapjacks they serve while I was rollerblading and they look delish. Is it a good place to have breakfast and do they serve breakfast all week or just on the weekends?? I only know places on state, is their any places the locals go for grub for people in the know for dinner and breakfast??

Level Contributor
36,182 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommended restaurants

Hi, Eladios's is a nice place for breakfast, it is adjacent to the Harbor View Inn, across from Stearn's Wharf. We love Olie e Limone for Italian food. Have fun! :)

santa barbara
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommended restaurants

Hi puppychi,

The East Beach Grill is the name of the restaurant and yes they have delicious pancakes, the wheat germ w/ strawberry is excellent and what a great place to enjoy the beach and people watch at the same time....especially nice on a warm sunny morning! Yes, they do serve all week.

Your cousins might also enjoy Brophy Brothers located at the Yacht Harbor for lunch or dinner....very popular with tourists and locals. Great views!

We have many excellent restaurants in the downtown area, it really depends on what they are in the mood for. Wonderful Italian restaurants, one that was mentioned in the previous post, and great Sushi, Thai, vegetarian, steak houses etc. If you just walk up State from the beach you are sure to find one to your liking. If we knew what they like we could be more specific. People in SB are very friendly and helpful, so when they arrive just tell them to ask for recommendations for their favorite type of food and I am sure they will find something they enjoy:-)

Solvang California
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommended restaurants

Thanks for your help. I did some searching on past posts, and read about the same places you mentioned.

thanks

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
219 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommended restaurants

If you do go to the East Beach Grill, watch out for low flying pigeons!

santa barbara
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommended restaurants

Yes, listen to surferpaul's advice about the pigeons, but really beware of those seagulls. That little forlorn one that sits on the wall and begs is a setup, as soon as you give him a french fry or bite of toast he summons his entire family. Nothing like 25 seagulls swooping down on your table all at once. Good advice surferpaul!:-)

santa barbara, ca.
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recommended restaurants

puppychi,

Santa Barbara is blessed with a fantastic variety of restaurants...what is your budget and favorite foods...mexican, italian, etc.?

IMO, East Beach grill has just so-so food, however, the view is priceless. I agree with Brophy's...best view in all of Santa Barbara and the foods not bad either...get their EARLY, as they don't take reservations, or you may be in for a wait. As for breakfast, we have quite a few locals spots for breakfast that are good....Esau's, no view, but across from the mall. Tupelo Junction, right on State St. Cajun Kitchen, again, right across from the mall. One of my favorites, Summerland Beach Cafe, is not in Santa Barbara at all...it's in Summerland, just down the 101 a few miles. It's really quaint, housed in a 1893 Victorian.

santa barbara, ca.
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommended restaurants

Oh, BTW, if you love Italian, and who doesn't! The absolute best italian restaurant in the city is Ca' Dario. Anacapa & Victoria, across from the Granada parking garage. Make a reservation, and, it ain't cheap but you will not be dissapointed!

Solvang California
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: recommended restaurants

Thanks for all your replys. My cousins are from Boston Mass. They have the best italian and seafood there is so I don't know what they are going to settle on. The breakfast places are good.

What about Sambo's does anyone like it there??

santa barbara, ca.
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: recommended restaurants

Sambos is the last surviving Sambos in the country...it doesn't really resemble the old Sambos menu, but I hear people like it...it certainly is busy on weekends..line down the block!

Roseville...
Level Contributor
319 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: recommended restaurants

We also like Ca Dario's but for a good steak try Lucky's or the Wine Cask for a glass or two.

Get answers to your questions about Santa Barbara