We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Beaches - Leash-free

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
11 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Dog Beaches - Leash-free

We're renting a house near Seabreeze Beach in Santa Cruz in mid-June. Are there leash-free dog parks nearby?

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
676 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog Beaches - Leash-free

I posted a reply to you but it seems to have not gone through....

"It's" beach near the lighthouse on West Cliff Dr has off leash hours for dogs. Check the sign at the top of the stairs for the exact time slots. I seem to remember morning and late afternoon but have not checked it for quite some time.

Others might have more ideas-

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog Beaches - Leash-free

That's where we take our dog, the beach just west of the lighthouse. I didn't know there were designated hours. Seems like there are always off leash dogs there.

I just checked Google maps, they actually have it labeled as "Dog Beach", you can search for it "dog beach santa cruz"

never heard of Seabreeze beach, do you mean Seabright?

Edited: 26 February 2014, 09:43
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
11 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog Beaches - Leash-free

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
11 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog Beaches - Leash-free

Thank you so much for your feedback! Yes, it must be Seabright. The details given by both of your are very helpful.

5. Re: Dog Beaches - Leash-free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 03:11
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dog Beaches - Leash-free

The beach which is dog friendly (off-leash) near Lighthouse Point is Mitchell's Cove. It is probably the only leash-free beach in the city of Santa Cruz. Details are here...

doggoes.com/parks/…mitchells-cove-dog-beach.

Evidently "Its" Beach. is just next door, but does not allow off-leash, since it is a State Beach.

Near where you will be, dogs are allowed on Seabright and Twin Lakes beaches, but only if on leash. This article should be helpful to you, it lists many places, mostly parks, where you can exercise or play with your dog off leash.

santacruzlife.com/dog-friendly-santa-cruz/

Have a nice visit.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dog Beaches - Leash-free

Oops, MAlanLewis ,

You and I picked up on an old thread whose last message was in February. I am sure that laineema has finished the trip by now.

8. Re: Dog Beaches - Leash-free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2015, 13:15