We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have dog; will travel

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Have dog; will travel

Just to be sure, I'm trying to post this to the Santa Cruz, California forum.

I'm on the fence about bringing my dog on a last minute, overnight getaway. I am traveling solo and would love her company! I already checked my inn and they allow dogs. I heard/read that the town is dog-friendly but...she is a senior and can no longer go on walks more than a half mile. So where will she be allowed where we can just hang out (I will be bringing a book)? A restaurant or cafe with outdoor seating will be lovely if they permit guests to stay a couple of hours. I am aware she is not permitted at/on the Boardwalk. I visited once, a few years ago in July, and we took her to the beach by the lighthouse museum. But it was cold and windy, so I can't imagine it will be comfortable for hanging out.

Thanks.

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have dog; will travel

There are several restaurants downtown, on or near Pacific Avenue, and a few elsewhere, notably Aldo's near Seabright Beach, at the beach end of Atlantic Ave. You need to make sure that, if they are tied to the table, they don't jump to chase a bird and upset your coffee, as mine does. They all provide water in a dish if requested. Cold and windy usually applies to July and August, and in winter there can be delightful sunny weather for at least 3-4 hours.

2. Re: Have dog; will travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2016, 15:16