We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hole in the wall Mexican joint

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Topic
hole in the wall Mexican joint

I have fond memories of a very cheap and cheerful taco place, actually just a "to go" window basically at the bus station, anyone know if it's still there?

Monterey Bay...
Level Contributor
914 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: hole in the wall Mexican joint

Really don't want to post this, but I'll help you out JesPortland. Tortilla Flats is my favorite Mexican in the SC area. Mole is exceptional and their specials are always unique. Good ingredients = good food. Their margaritas are the best and no scrimping on the alcohol....one is good, two you'd be under the table.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,043 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: hole in the wall Mexican joint

I've never been to Tortilla Flats either - at least that I can remember. I looked at the Yelp reviews and they are very mixed. Some people love it, others are completely not impressed. This mirrors what I have heard from others as well.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,364 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: hole in the wall Mexican joint

>>> I dared to say that I had my 21st BD dinner at Tadich's and Michael P surmised that it was opening night!!<<<

Well was it?? :P

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
659 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: hole in the wall Mexican joint

I think tortilla flats is worth checking out. I have heard they have really good mole and there is some Friday night burrito special that I had many years ago that was super good. Not sure if they still have it.

I have never tried the place down at the bus station. I really would not have thought to go there for lunch but might have to check it out now!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,440 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: hole in the wall Mexican joint

Well, just be aware that it is a walk-up place. I don't think they even have one table outside. You are on your own.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
659 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: hole in the wall Mexican joint

Thanks- no problem, I work close by :)

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: hole in the wall Mexican joint

if memory serves me correct no tables for sure, but there is a bench right across from the window where you order from

Edited: 23 January 2015, 13:45
Level Contributor
36,189 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: hole in the wall Mexican joint

Nice thread... We will be in Santa Cruz later today and will be looking for somewhere good to eat before heading to Carmel for the night. We love Mexican food! :)

19. Re: hole in the wall Mexican joint

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2016, 13:17