We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kingwood Estates or other.

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
892 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Kingwood Estates or other.

Looking at homes to rent in August. I have it narrowed down ( many are already booked). Any comments about the location of Kingwood Estates? We are traveling for a wedding at Northstar. I believe there will be a shuttle arranged by bride. We also want to enjoy the lake and would like to be as close as possible to the beach. I am also looking at another home that appears to be about a 3 min drive, south, so closer to the lake. Looks like it is near Tiger Ave, or Lichen Ave, and North Ave., very close to the golf course. Any help with these locations would be much appreciated.

3 replies to this topic
Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kingwood Estates or other.

Had to look on google maps but those are both good locations pretty close to Kings Beach. Looks like the second one could be walkable, depending on your definition of walkable, otherwise you'll be driving so maybe just book the better house? Another option for getting to the beach if you don't want to drive is TART, there are a bunch of stops along 267 and the beach itself, busses run every 10-15 minutes.

Tip: there is free street parking just west of the Kings Beach pay lot, but it gets taken pretty fast. Another beautiful nearby beach is Sand Harbor, there is a parking fee there too and the lot often fills by 10 or 11 (weekdays) in the summer.

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
892 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kingwood Estates or other.

Thanks! My struggle is that both houses get excellent reviews , the one in Kingswood has much more deteailed pictures, which look very nice, but I like the idea of walking to lake. Our group consists 6 adults. We will have 2 separate cars, but I am sure we would like to walk or bike for convenience, too. Oh, and same price!

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
892 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kingwood Estates or other.

We also have another family member staying on Snowflake Ave.

Reply to: Kingwood Estates or other.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tahoe Vista