We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?

Selma
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?

I'm looking for a honeymooner room the first night stay after the wedding. The bride and groom are traveling to LAX the next day. They are leaving from Selma around 9:30pm so don't want to travel too far. We'd like to put them in a room that is private, nicely decorated, and it would be awesome if they had a jacuzzi tub for two or something special for the bride and groom.

4 replies to this topic
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?

Ah, honeymoon in Visalia. Who hasn't dreamt of that? Yes, I have been. My late father loved the Vantage Press Restaurant there. You can see what hotels are highest rated on TA by looking at tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g33230-Visalia_Califo… If they don't mention a Jacuzzi, phone them. I'd think Bakersfield would have a wider selection and would put them closer to LAX.

-What time do they fly out of LAX the next day? What day of the week? They don't have to worry about rush hour traffic once in the L.A. region?

-Why Visalia? It's not on the direct route from Selma to LAX http://goo.gl/maps/466Au Not far off it. They want to drive just 1/2 hour that night, and all the way to LAX the next to get their flight?

Edited: 15 June 2013, 02:21
Mentioned in this post
Visalia
Visalia
California
Bakersfield
Bakersfield
California
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?

Since price is no object (right?), I think the Oil Baron Suite at the Padre Hotel in Bakersfield sounds nice: "This 825 sq feet suite is unlike any other room you've stayed in before. This suite is designed to enjoy, entertain, or just unwind. With a 50" flat screen TV, wetbar, and guest restroom, you will want to show this room off to your friends. The bathroom has a jacuzzi tub, step-in shower and H2O bath and spa products."

Mentioned in this post
Bakersfield
Bakersfield
California
Padre Hotel
Padre Hotel
884 Reviews
Bakersfield, CA
Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?

Leaving a reception at 9:30pm I can understand them not wanting to drive far, even the 90 minutes to Bakersfield arriving there at 11pm would be tiring after a long day of prep, ceremony and reception. After our wedding and reception we were very tired and glad we didn't fly out the same day.

In Visalia I might think of a few ideas. The Holiday Inn is close to 99 and has suites. The suites are designed more to accommodate business travelers/meetings instead of honeymooners but it might work.

I might also consider the Marriott in downtown Visalia, ask for a room on an upper floor for a bit of a view of nighttime lights and the Sierras in the morning.

Another option is the Spaldling House B&B in Visalia, it may be a bit more romantic than just a hotel room. It gets good reviews on TA.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33230-d113827-…

Edited: 15 June 2013, 03:14
Mentioned in this post
Bakersfield
Bakersfield
California
Visalia
Visalia
California
Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?

I would stay at the Marriott. I don' know if they have jacuzzi tubs or not but I think that would be the nicest place.

Reply to: Honeymoon first night stay in Visalia?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Visalia