We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying at Lamp liter Inn

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
713 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
staying at Lamp liter Inn

We are staying in Visalia for 2 nights as we wont be arriving till after 5 pm can anyone recommend somewhere for a meal . We will be staying at lamp liter inn. Regards Caz

Mentioned in this post
Visalia
Visalia
California
9 replies to this topic
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
17,190 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying at Lamp liter Inn

Since Visalia isn't generally high on visitors' lists, if you don't get much response, try yelp.com - it's a popular restaurant review site. I usually have great luck with it.

Mentioned in this post
Visalia
Visalia
California
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
713 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying at Lamp liter Inn

Thank you for your quick reply . I will check the site out

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying at Lamp liter Inn

There are many good places to eat in Visalia. Main Street and the vicinity has many great local places to chooses from including fine dining, brewpubs, mediterrean, Mexican, Japanese, Italian, Chinese, American, etc. There are also many of the normal chain restaurants you can find inmost large towns. If you let me know what kind of food or dining experience you are looking for I will try to steer you right.

Mentioned in this post
Visalia
Visalia
California
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
713 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying at Lamp liter Inn

Thank you for your reply. We both enjoy a steak also mexian . Looking a bar for a drink after also . Regards Caz

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
17,190 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: staying at Lamp liter Inn

I'm glad you chimed in Gdude. The Visalia board doesn't get much traffic, so it's good that you saw this question.

Mentioned in this post
Visalia
Visalia
California
Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: staying at Lamp liter Inn

Visalia has a very nice downtown with many dining options. I would advise you to park on or near Main St. and you can easily walk to many different restaurants.

For steak I would say Double L Steakhouse downtown. I have had some good meals there but have heard mixed reviews from others. If you want a nicer meal I would suggest the Vintage Press. It is probably the nicest restaurant in Visalia and one of the better ones in the whole valley. It is near the downtown area also. I've attached a link to their menu. They do have a bar there though I would call it more of a lounge. The same family owns the Depot restaurant also. I haven't eaten there in a while but it was good the last time I went and they serve steaks there as well.

www.thevintagepress.com/dinner-menu.html

For Mexican my favorite is El Tarasco on Main St. though many of my friends also like Alejandra's, also on Main.

I don't go to a lot of bars but, depending on what you want there is Fugazzi's which features a martini lounge, Cellar Door & Rookies sports bar. For craft beer it's Brewbakers & Pita-kabob or Howie's & Sons Pizza on Mooney Blvd. You can park downtown and easily walk to any of the places I've mentioned (except for Howie & Sons). There is also a movie theater downtown.

Many of the restaurants/bars on Main St have live music on the weekends and sometimes during the week. Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Mentioned in this post
Visalia
Visalia
California
Vintage Press
Vintage Press
269 Reviews
Visalia, CA
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
713 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: staying at Lamp liter Inn

Thank you for your help Gdude7,i will take a look at what you have suggested .looking forward to our trip in August . Regards Caz

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: staying at Lamp liter Inn

FYI: There is a little place downtown called Taylor's Hot Dogs. It is a local place in business for over 50 years and they make a mean chili dog.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
713 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: staying at Lamp liter Inn

Thanks will take a trip to get one of those ☺

Reply to: staying at Lamp liter Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Visalia