We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buena Vista week 3 teens

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Buena Vista week 3 teens

Our family - includes active teens 17, 15 and 13 (but we live in MN at no altitude!) are spending first week of July in B.V. We plan to hike Mt Sherman one day.

Looking for recommendations on:

* 1/2 day rafting - to raft or not, best company, do we need a reservation over july 4th week, what will expected water levels be, and is “low” water dangerous/less fun?

* aerial park / zip lining - worth it? reservations? best company choice?

* SUP - where can we do this for an hour or so - not a half day tour

* nice family hikes (have read good things about Browns Creek Waterfall)

* other must do’s?

THanks in advance!

Edited: 09 June 2018, 22:30
1 reply
colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Buena Vista week 3 teens

I think one week, would be a bit much to spend in BV. I would probably split it up into two different places. Having said that, if you are already committed to a place, I would definitely spend one full day in Aspen (tons of hikes there). Also, Twin Lakes is a very beautiful area. Salida (only 20 minutes away) offers a ton of outdoor things to do. Alli will be along soon, to give you details of hikes, bikes, and restaurants in the area.

Mt. Princeton has hot springs & a slide.

St. Elmo is a ghost town down the road a bit (mostly dirt) but very scenic. We like to hike at an old RR grade along Chalk Creek (Narrow Gauge Trail) to give you a bird's eye view of the mountain creek below.

You could also spend a great day in Breckenridge.

Google Mohawk Lake Trail...that one is awesome!!

Ok, I think I just talked myself into staying a week in the area.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 03:01
Reply to: Buena Vista week 3 teens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Buena Vista