We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glenwood Springs and stay at a hotel in Aspen?

Buffalo, New York...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Glenwood Springs and stay at a hotel in Aspen?

I'm planning to visit Glenwood Springs on August with my family.

1) I was curious If you would recommend Glenwood Springs hot water pool in the summer.

Also, my plan is playing in the pool in the morning-ish & stay at a hotel in Aspen.

2) Do we pay an entrance fee to the pool? How can we dry ourselves?

Obviously I want to avoid ruining my car seats.

Thank you in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Colorado
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glenwood Springs and stay at a hotel in Aspen?

1.) Hot water in the summer is personal preference. The Glenwood Hot Springs Pool large pool is not that hot and kids play in it all summer. It also has a water slide and diving boards. The smaller hot pool is 104 degrees, only you can know whether you will enjoy that in the summer.

2.) The fee can be found at the hot springs website, they change seasonally. There are two- Glenwood Hot Springs Pool and Iron Mountain Hot Springs. If you are staying in Aspen, bring an extra towel to the pool for your car seats. Both hot springs have showers and changing rooms.

You should know that starting in August, there is a major road project in Glenwood, heading toward Aspen in the am and toward Glenwood in the pm rush hours will be a problem.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,726 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glenwood Springs and stay at a hotel in Aspen?

I would use a towel, lol. I am not a big fan of the pool. I used to be but it has gotten way to crowded and filled with screaming kids. If you have screaming kiddos it is great. Me, I think of hot springs as a place to relax. People like Iron Mountain http://www.ironmountainhotsprings.com/ Yes you have to pay to use the pools.

Buffalo, New York...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Glenwood Springs and stay at a hotel in Aspen?

Thank you for the kind response!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,368 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glenwood Springs and stay at a hotel in Aspen?

Not a fan of the big pool, either. Was delighted when the new Iron Mountain opened a few years ago. It features smaller pools. May or may not be better for kids, but we prefer it. It's also away from the construction zone. Both pools have locker rooms.

Have fun.

Reply to: Glenwood Springs and stay at a hotel in Aspen?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glenwood Springs