We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bair Ranch or Sombrero Ranch in Estes for Sunset Dinner?

Itasca, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bair Ranch or Sombrero Ranch in Estes for Sunset Dinner?

We will be in Glenwood Springs and Estes Park... we are a family of 5 with three boys aged 9, 11 & 12.

I like the idea of a Sunset horseback ride with dinner. There is a sunset dinner ride at Bair Racnh which is an actual working ranch. It is located on 5,500 acres in Glenwood canyon and along the Colorado river. It sounds amazing... just comes with a hefty price tag... $600 for our family. i don't mind spending the money if it is something truly spectacular.

glenwoodadventure.com/activity/…

We are traveling to Estes Park after Glenwood and there are a few ranches that offer a sunset dinner as well for only $375 for our family.

https:/…

I am leaning towards Bair ranch because it sounds like a great experience.

If you have been to either, can you please tell me your experience and if you would recommend or not?

We will be in Glenwood next week.

3 replies to this topic
Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bair Ranch or Sombrero Ranch in Estes for Sunset Dinner?

Did you go to Bair Ranch? We are going tomorrow July 25. Just wondering how it was.

Itasca, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bair Ranch or Sombrero Ranch in Estes for Sunset Dinner?

We did go… We did the dinner horseback sunset ride. Unfortunately the weather turned ugly and we could not ride the horses back down the mountain. We had to wait to get picked up by vehicles. The ride up and the dinner was nice though. We also did the hanging lake express… Picked up bikes at the ranch and rode 3 miles to hanging lake, did the hike and then rode back to the ranch where our car was parked. I hope you have good weather!!

Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bair Ranch or Sombrero Ranch in Estes for Sunset Dinner?

Thanks my fingers are crossed for good weather but it's iffy

Reply to: Bair Ranch or Sombrero Ranch in Estes for Sunset Dinner?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glenwood Springs