We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

glenwood suites, cedar lodge or silver spruce?

Centennial
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
glenwood suites, cedar lodge or silver spruce?

The Glenwood Suites appeal because they are the only 3 star in my price range.

Cedar Lodge appeals because of the sauna and indoor pool in case we don't make it to the hot springs.

The Silver Spruce appeals because of the proximity to Hot Springs but my kids would have to sleep on the sofa bed and I wonder if it is comfortable.

Which is the best of the three and which has the best free breakfast? Thanks.

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: glenwood suites, cedar lodge or silver spruce?

I have never stayed at 2 of the 3, but here is the info I can provide you. The Glenwood Suites is the newest of the 3. If you select that one, be sure your room is NOT on the side that faces the highway. Both Silver Spruce and Cedar Lodge are fairly old. I have stayed at Silver Spruce but it was about 8 years ago. You can hear people walking above you and while it was clean, it was definitely dated. The Cedar Lodge has the best location in town, with a bus stop nearby. Silver Spruce is closer to the pool, and they also have a bus stop nearby.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: glenwood suites, cedar lodge or silver spruce?

The Cedar Lodge is well worth the half price of most of the area lodges. For a family of 4 it was $80 (in summer) It has a nice indoor pool (outdoor one in summer) and suitable, clean accomodations not to mention great well kept mature grounds and friendly/helpful owners. We've stayed there twice and loved our stay and been more than satisfied. They keep up the pools well maintenance wise. Sure the property isn't brand new but it's always clean and well maintained. The location is on the main drag but set back from the road especially the farther you stay back.

Edited: 12 February 2013, 02:04
WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: glenwood suites, cedar lodge or silver spruce?

I haven't stayed at the other two. The breakfast is more basic than chains I've stayed at (Comfort Inns and Country Inn and Suites). It's nothing fancy but it's breakfast and was suitable for us. Glenwood Suites for example says "free deluxe continental breakfast". If breakfast is high on your list you'll probably find a better breakfast at Glenwood Suites. I didn't look at the other motel website. I'd say go for the indoor pool/sauna or Glenwood Suites with the breakfast. Which sounds more appealing overall?

Edited: 12 February 2013, 04:09
Centennial
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: glenwood suites, cedar lodge or silver spruce?

Thanks for the info. I think Cedar Lodge wins.

5. Re: glenwood suites, cedar lodge or silver spruce?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Glenwood Springs