We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Babymoon in Steamboat Springs 7/21-7/22

Westminster...
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Babymoon in Steamboat Springs 7/21-7/22

Hello! Planning a super short getaway in the form of a babymoon. I will be 31 weeks pregnant in the time-frame we're looking at (Weekend of July 21-22). We originally live in Westminster, CO so Steamboat Springs is a ~3 drive, barely an elevation difference and recommended by many people. (although we thought that a ski town would have nothing to do in summers). Do you think it will make for a relaxing weekend

My questions are:

- Chances are we'll drive early Sat morning, check in on Saturday 21st July and checkout 22nd because hubs gets back from work at 6pm on Friday. Unless you recommend to check in on Friday night itself (even if its late), only if there's fun night time activity and we should make the drive there in the evening that way we'll stretch the trip a few hours more?

-We usually make reservations through Expedia- but there are only 3 hotels left on those dates: The Victorian B&B (best reviews) is costing $240/ night if we get a twin bed room (on a babymoon?). The Queen and King options are both $350. The Village at Steamboat Springs (condos) is ~180/ night and Holiday Inn is ~$300/ night. Trip advisor has some other options- Sheraton for $213, Legacy Vacation Resorts $230. Any thoughts on what hotel to go with? Or actually condominiums are the way to go here it seems. Other recommendations/ places to book if not from this list?

- Someone mentioned the hot air balloon festival but (bummer!) its a week before we come. There's a free concert in the amphitheater it seems plus a movie in the park that Sat night.

- activities a preggo to-be mama can do- flat/ easy hikes? Downtown/ music and shopping? Also recommendations on places to eat. Hubs and I love seafood plus vegetarian options. Cannot drink obviously but we have a sweet tooth too!

Mentioned in this post
The Village at Steamboat Springs
The Village at Steamboat...
104 Reviews
Steamboat Springs, CO
2 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Babymoon in Steamboat Springs 7/21-7/22

Of those listed, I would do the Sheraton. There really are some lovely condos- One Steamboat Place, Edgemont, Antlers are all very high end. Trailhead is another good option or the Lodge at Eagle Ridge is hotel/condo and always one of my favorites.

You could definitely do Fish Creek Falls Hike it is paved up to the falls about a mile and while it is an incline my then 67 year old mother who has had 2 knee replacements made the hike with no problem in the winter. The core trail is paved and easy walking along the river.

Cafe Diva is my favorite they always have vegetarian entree as well as a fish special. Salt and Lime has a good variety of vegetarian and seafood taco/Mexican options. Creekside for breakfast. Smell that Bread has wonderful bread...they moved locations since my last visit and now have light lunch items too. Mambo Italiano has good Italian seafood options we often eat there on Christmas Eve.

Enjoy your trip!

Mentioned in this post
Antlers at Christie Base
Antlers at Christie Base
26 Reviews
Steamboat Springs, CO
Fish Creek Falls
Fish Creek Falls
1,671 Reviews
Steamboat Springs, CO
Cafe Diva
Cafe Diva
766 Reviews
Steamboat Springs, CO
Salt & Lime
Salt & Lime
365 Reviews
Steamboat Springs, CO
Mambo Italiano
Mambo Italiano
609 Reviews
Steamboat Springs, CO
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
556 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Babymoon in Steamboat Springs 7/21-7/22

Your options may be limited since you only want to stay 1 night - many places have a 2 night minimum for summer weekends. I would pick a place with a pool! The Sheraton is right in the base area - can't beat the location and the Holiday Inn is a nice option - one of the nicest Holiday Inn's I am aware of. The both have pools and restaurants on site. Fish Creek Falls is always a good option for a hike and you can keep it short or hike all the way to Wyoming. The nature loop on the ski area is a mile long loop that could also be a good choice.

There are activities every weekend in the summer. You can find the Chamber's list of activities here -

https:/…01

or the Ski areas here -

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Fish Creek Falls
Fish Creek Falls
1,671 Reviews
Steamboat Springs, CO
Wyoming
Wyoming
United States
Reply to: Babymoon in Steamboat Springs 7/21-7/22