We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking Zirkel Loop 6/20....Condition?

2 posts
Save Topic
Hiking Zirkel Loop 6/20....Condition?

Hi everyone! We are planning on doing the Zirkel Loop on 6/20/18 and I'm hoping we can do the whole thing; however, I can't find any info on it's current or possible future condition. I just want to be sure we are bringing all the correct gear! Any help/advice is much appreciated!!

5 replies to this topic
Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking Zirkel Loop 6/20....Condition?

I was just hiking on the Steamboat ski area this past weekend. Upper Buddy's Run still had many patches of snow. There were still some large snow piles near the Storm Peak Chair and definitely piles on the north sides of Storm Peak summit. I have not been up in Zirkel yet but would assume there will be some large snow fields to negotiate on the way up and above Gilpin Lake. I would give the Ski Haus a call and ask them if they have any updated hiking info on Zirkels. This is the premier outdoor shop in the valley. 970-879-0385. It's possible someone from the shop or a customer has been up in this area. My guess is it is probably doable but you'll have to cross quite a few snow fields. Also..... The highest creeks will be running big at the end of each day. Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
The Steamboat Hotel
The Steamboat Hotel
151 Reviews
Steamboat Springs, CO
Fort Collins, CO
Level Contributor
329 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking Zirkel Loop 6/20....Condition?

Have not done this hike but thought I’d share the Alltrails link. You can read comments from people who have done it recently. https:/…mount-zirkel-loop-trail

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
559 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking Zirkel Loop 6/20....Condition?

You could try contacting the forest service too - they usually have up to date info on the trails.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking Zirkel Loop 6/20....Condition?

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
559 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiking Zirkel Loop 6/20....Condition?

You might want to check out this article in the Today regarding snow on the Zirkel Circle:

https:/…

Reply to: Hiking Zirkel Loop 6/20....Condition?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Steamboat Springs