We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for the beach

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Parking for the beach

Staying on Rt 1 and not familiar with the beach area. Where is the best place to park for me and the family? Are there lots, or do I just use a meter? Thanks in advance guys.

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
894 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for the beach

There is the park n ride lot on Rt 1 and Rehoboth Ave.

cityofrehoboth.com/visitors/…park-and-ride

If you want to park on the street I suggest using Park Mobiles app. It gives you reminders when your meter is going to expire and gives you the option to extend your parking without having to go back to the car.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for the beach

1.You can use the Park n Ride as mentioned above.

2. Park in a meter if you get into town before 10am, 9am would be better. Meters tend to fill up later near the Henlopen Hotel at the north end of the boardwalk. I mention these times based on the ability to find easy parking. You can certainly try any time. You may get lucky.

3. Buy a permit as you come into town, there are people on Rehoboth Ave selling them, and that allows you to park in non ,metered areas.

4. Park in the Deauville Beach lot if you do not have to be on the boardwalk. $10 all day. The lot is not all that big.

5. Park in the Gordon's Pond section of Cape Henlopen State Park . Tons of parking but you have to pay the Park fee. A mile or so north of the boardwalk.

cityofrehoboth.com/sites/default/files/Rehob…

Edited: 09 July 2016, 04:50
Mentioned in this post
Henlopen Hotel
Henlopen Hotel
288 Reviews
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Deauville Beach
Deauville Beach
14 Reviews
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
644 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for the beach

Are you talking about going to the actual beach? If yes, then it depends on which beach you're going to. The state park has lots where you pay by the day. And the city has one beach with a lot where you pay to park. If you're going to the beach near the boardwalk and Main Street, then you can park at a meter. If you have a permit or buy a permit, I recommend parking over near Oak Avenue or Philadelphia, and there is beach access from surf Avenue. It's kind of a hassle to use park-and-ride if you're planning to bring beach chairs etc. all the beaches have vendors where you can rent chairs and umbrellas in case you want to travel light.

Edited: 09 July 2016, 20:24
Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking for the beach

From Rt1 for beach parking I would go to the state park .Either Cape Henlopen at the northern end or Towers Rd south of Dewey. You pay to enter and can park conveniently to walk right over dune crossing to beach. . Both parks offer restrooms,showers and concessions.and of course guarded beaches.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking for the beach

Thank you all for your help. Parking in town is no joke! Had problems with the parking app, which resulted in a ticket. Then you can only extend some meters 2 hours max even though they're 12 hour meters. Some meters are only accessible via the app. Ugh, aggravating. Headed to the park today per your suggestions. Thanks guys!!

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking for the beach

Hi, gone2vaca.

Here are some suggestions for figuring out parking at the beaches.

www.visitdelaware.com/beaches/transportation/

Enjoy your stay,

The Visit Delaware Team

7. Re: Parking for the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2017, 12:18