We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-metered parking...

Delaware
Level Contributor
35 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Non-metered parking...

Going on a girls weekend next weekend and staying at Hotel Rehoboth--they only allow one parking space per room. We have two cars since my friends are coming from DC. I'm going to get a parking permit for the 3 days, but I have to ask... how plentiful is parking REALLY?

Also, with the permit, will I be able to just leave my car in the same place for 3 days? I really won't need it. I have read the city's parking department and saw the times of 10 am to 5 pm. Does that mean I'd have to move my car then? I'm not sure. I've also read about the park and ride. Has anyone ever just left their car there for 3 days?

I'm looking forward to the girl time, but this is making me anxious! :-P We come down at least once a week and we do metered parking and it works out fine... never been victim of the meter maids either ( I mean, are they watching from the rooftops or what?! Whew...). Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Rehoboth
Hotel Rehoboth
602 Reviews
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
892 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-metered parking...

As far as times for permit parking the 10-5 refers to when you must have a permit. For years we have parked in non metered permit streets by just waiting until 5.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-metered parking...

Hi, MagMagoo.

There are other options for parking your extra car for a few days, especially if it's ok to put the car just off SR 1.

www.visitdelaware.com/beaches/transportation/

Happy planning,

The Visit Delaware Team

Mentioned in this post
Delaware
Delaware
United States
Delaware
Level Contributor
35 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non-metered parking...

Thank you for your replies! I'm going to just grab a permit and hope for the best.

4. Re: Non-metered parking...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2017, 13:17