We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Boca Raton Tri-Rail train station

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Parking at Boca Raton Tri-Rail train station

I'm planning on parking my car at the Boca Raton Tri-Rail/Amtrak station for about 3 weeks while I travel out of the country. I'll be taking the Tri-Rail train to MIA airport and returning the same way. I talked with a Tri-Rail rep. on the phone and was told that I could park for up to 30 days without any problems. Can anyone verify this? I'm also wondering how safe it is to leave my car there for an extended period of time. I would appreciate any feedback about this. Thanks in advance.

2 replies to this topic
Florida
Level Contributor
701 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Boca Raton Tri-Rail train station

3 weeks? Are you kidding? Who would leave his car in a public place to which anyone has access for more than a few hours or a day? You CAN EXPECT your car either to be stolen or vandalized. Be assured that there are many in South Florida just looking for such an opportunity. Boca Raton is no different than anywhere else.

Edited: 01 August 2017, 23:27
Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
642 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Boca Raton Tri-Rail train station

There have been a number of reported car vandalisms in a variety of places like near a fitness gym or shopping area where people have left valuables in sight or in the trunk in the Delray Beach/Boca Raton areas. Mostly windows being smashed. Not as many stolen vehicles. But if you had even a vandalism and it rained, it is a major issue. Can you not have a parking lot near the airport? Police and other are around the Tri-rail stations, but someone will be watching for cars left a long time and assume the owner has left for such a time to not be around. Not many reports of problems around that station, but you are making a gamble.

Edited: 28 January 2018, 00:23
Reply to: Parking at Boca Raton Tri-Rail train station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boca Raton
More Boca Raton Topics