We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Boca vs Hollywood/FL

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Boca vs Hollywood/FL

We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 8 & 5) and will be spending a week in south Florida late March. We would like to spend 3 nights or so of the trip at a beachfront resort. As of now, I have us booked at The Diplomat in Hollywood, but I am not so sure that location suits us. Our family likes low key, low crowds, good local food, smaller town atmosphere, natural beauty, etc. Ability to walk to restaurants and other things of interest is a plus.

Would Boca suit us in this regard? We've never been. If so, what hotels do you recommend? I have Hilton and IHG points to burn. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
3 replies to this topic
U.S.A.
Level Contributor
3 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Boca vs Hollywood/FL

Last winter we saw the hotel you are planning to stay in. It was large and full of action. If you desire a more low key experience, Boca Raton is the place to stay. At the time of year when you plan to be here with your children, there are three must see places - Green Cay, Wakodahatchee and Gumbo Limbo. Green Cay and Wakodahatchee are minutes away from Boca while Gumbo Limbo is in Boca.

These three locations are environmental centers that both you and your children will love because they are beautiful, free and very educational.

Another destination you will not want to miss is Sugar Sand Park right in Boca. Be sure to dress the kids in bathing suits because this park has a gorgeous area for kids that includes a space where they can run and jump on playground animal shapes that are constantly squirting mist. The park also features a hands on science museum and a carousel. The carousel charges a dollar a ride.

As for hotels, it is not necessary to stay in downtown Boca because west Boca is literally a ten minute drive from all of the locations of which I speak. Just get the best deal you can get and enjoy your stay in this beautiful

city!

For other Boca locations and restaurants you might enjoy, check out my Boca Raton reviews.

Mentioned in this post
Sugar Sand Park
Sugar Sand Park
752 Reviews
Boca Raton, FL
Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Boca vs Hollywood/FL

Much appreciated, thanks! I have indeed switched our reservations to the Boca Beach Club in Boca for 3 nights in March, so your advice will come in handy.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,048 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Boca vs Hollywood/FL

Just came on here to read posts about the area and I just happen to change from the Duplimat to the Boca Beacch club for a few nights in February.

Reply to: Staying in Boca vs Hollywood/FL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boca Raton
More Boca Raton Topics