We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from cruise terminal to Boca Raton

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shuttle from cruise terminal to Boca Raton

Can anyone please advise me of the best way to get from the Port Everglades cruise terminal to the Best Western University Inn? Many thanks.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,881 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle from cruise terminal to Boca Raton

A rental car is your best option, aside from that a cab would cost about $66+tip(depending on traffic). Public transportation would take between 2-3hrs.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,976 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle from cruise terminal to Boca Raton

You could perhaps take a taxi from the Port just as far as the nearest Tri Rail station ( that would be about a$20 trip I would guess) and then take the Tri Rail train ( which does not run very often especially on weekends) north to the Boca Raton Station and then another taxi to your hotel ( I'm wildly guessing another $20 taxi to do that but I'd have to Google it to be sure. how far apart they actually are .). That will work only if you can handle your belongings easily and get them on and off the train quickly as there will be no assistance and the doors can close quickly.

That is a really remote place to have to get to post cruise- I trust there is an important reason you are staying at such an outlying hotel in a completely different town from the Port?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,976 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle from cruise terminal to Boca Raton

Google says it is only really 4 miles from the Boca Tri Rail station to the Best Western- so maybe a $10-12 taxi at that end. The train itself is about a 30 min ride once you are on it- but it might be a long time between trains on a week end . I'd say each taxi ride will be n o more than 10 minutes. But you really must have light luggage only .

4. Re: Shuttle from cruise terminal to Boca Raton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 15:31
Get answers to your questions about Boca Raton
More Boca Raton Topics