We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar/restaurant scene

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bar/restaurant scene

My husband and I are headed to Cape Coral for a couple of nights in February and we're wonderning what kind of night life there is there? Is it worth staying two nights? We are doing two nights in Ft. Myers Beach, then two nights in Cape Coral (?). We are in our 30's, we like to drink and have fun, listen to music, eat great food etc. Just wanted to see if anyone could offer some insight on the bar/restaurant scene AND is there is a main strip that seems to be where all of the action is?

Mentioned in this post
Cape Coral
Cape Coral
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
10 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,602 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar/restaurant scene

CC is largely residential and has no real town center. Bars and restaurants are attached to t he marina or in strip mall areas.

FMB is more your demographic.. Think you will be happier there.

cincinnati
Level Contributor
758 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar/restaurant scene

CC has tremendous restaurants. Google the Ft Myers News Press' food critic, Jean Le Boeuf...and read a few reviews.

That said, I have some peeps in CC and they ALWAYS drive to FMB for their time on the waterfront/daydrankin'.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar/restaurant scene

Thanks for the info!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,380 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar/restaurant scene

I would agree that Cape Coral has a large number of very good restaurants. There is also a large number of fun bars, semi clustered around 47th Terrace and Cape Coral Parkway, within a few blocks of Del Prado.

We love Ciao, Siciily Tratorria, Nevermind, at least for drinks, I've never eaten there, a bit too 'meat heavy' for my taste. Nevermind also owns Speakeasy next door, which has an interesting menu, though, I've never been.

We enjoy the Dek, bills itself as a '5 star dive bar'. Back Streets is always packed. Monkey Bar is also busy as well. There's also Dixie Roadhouse, though we're home by the time they get busy. Many more.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Coral
Cape Coral
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
The Dek Bar
The Dek Bar
1,660 Reviews
Cape Coral, FL
Dixie Roadhouse
Dixie Roadhouse
88 Reviews
Cape Coral, FL
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar/restaurant scene

Awesome info! Thanks so much!

laconia new...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar/restaurant scene

portsmouth nhl???? i'm headed down jan 1 for 2months. renting on miramar st. couldn't get much info myers so trying out cc

london
Level Contributor
102 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar/restaurant scene

Check out the websites for the places below.

Lobster lady, great seafood and live music

The Boat house Tiki bar and grill, overlooking the river, lively, young and fun next to the beach.

The Paradise Tiki Hut and restaurant , live music food and drink.

Nevermind, Lively and very busy when I have been

Fords Garage, great food mainly burgers quirky car themed décor fun, young and lively

Rum runners, good food and lovely situation overlooking the water. Easy moorings

Fathoms Restaurant , great food, overlooking the marina. Easy mooring. Tuesdays is block party.

The monkey bar - karaoke, live music, food and drinks

Dixie Road house, line dancing, live music. Need id to get in.

Both Tarpon point and Cape harbour have an upmarket selection of bars and restaurants overlooking the water which are lively and sometimes have live music - check whats on when on the websites.

Mentioned in this post
Boat House Tiki Bar & Grill
Boat House Tiki Bar...
430 Reviews
Cape Coral, FL
Sunderland
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar/restaurant scene

We stayed two weeks in Cape Coral two years ago and are returning this year. Our first week we were near the marina in the South West and the marina was OK for the bars, more up market I would describe them as. The second week we moved along to be near the bridge on Cape Coral Parkway, the South West but close enough to walk to the Monkey Bar and many other bars we loved this area. The Dek bar mentioned above was an experience with the emphasis on the 'dive' in dive bar, but a laugh.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Coral
Cape Coral
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
The Dek Bar
The Dek Bar
1,660 Reviews
Cape Coral, FL
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bar/restaurant scene

Nevermind has a dj some nights. Fun, younger crowd.

Cape Coral, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bar/restaurant scene

You guys gotta try out Monarcas Restaurant in Del Prado Blvd!! I tried it and loved it. The margaritas are the best, the music as well and the inside decor is one of a kind but the best is that the food is all fresh made you can taste it. Let me know how it goes!!!

Reply to: Bar/restaurant scene
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape Coral
Recent Conversations