We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good snorkeling an hour or 2 drive from Davenport?

montreal
Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Any good snorkeling an hour or 2 drive from Davenport?

Hubby and I are staying in Davenport for 6 days the end of February. We both love to snorkel,

We already plan on going to Cocoa Beach for a beach day, and also Clearwater. Is there any snorkeling close to either of those? Anywhere else we should go? Budget is tight , so I can't do any excursions, has to be close to shore.

Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,209 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good snorkeling an hour or 2 drive from Davenport?

No.

For the best snorkeling you need a reef system, and palm beach county and the keys are where you find this.

In your case, being west of the Orlando attraction area, you might look into the limited snorkeling at Point of Rocks in Siesta key, and I think there may be a boat wreck mid coast on AMI but can remember where it might be. These are just over 2 hours drive.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good snorkeling an hour or 2 drive from Davenport?

Well there are some snorkel trips out of Clearwater, but you would need to pay - boats go miles off shore - there are a few operators.

You could also look at snorkelling in freshwater, springs, such as Crystal River, Weeki Wachee or places like Devils Den. All about 2 hours drive. Admission fees or boat trips involved.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,973 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good snorkeling an hour or 2 drive from Davenport?

Blue Spring State Park and Wekiwa Springs State Park both have snorkeling available.

Reply to: Any good snorkeling an hour or 2 drive from Davenport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Davenport