We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solana Resort Davenport

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Solana Resort Davenport

Hello, has anyone recently stayed at this resort? I am reading so many mixed reviews about this place that I'm actually worrying now. We are staying here August 17th for 2 weeks, I have read that it is not secure, robberies and rude staff etc. I have also read that it is a lovely resort, friendly staff and very secure. I know each persons opinion is different however it is slightly worrying and I am just looking for an honest review of the resort. Much appreciated :)

8 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,453 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solana Resort Davenport

Hi, while someone will be along in a while, sot people who stay there frequent the Orlando forum.

So post there as well.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
East Midlands...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solana Resort Davenport

Thank you

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,482 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solana Resort Davenport

I have stayed in Solana recently and I found it to be very secure - they were very strict on the front gate and the staff in the clubhouse were all polite and friendly. There were a lot of British holiday makers when I was there who I think were with Virgin. I thought it was a beautiful resort and very well looked after.

Edited: 19 July 2017, 15:08
East Midlands...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solana Resort Davenport

Aww thank you so much :) we go in 4 weeks and can finally let myself get excited now. I hope you had a fab time xxx

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,482 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solana Resort Davenport

You are close to Berry Town which has a Publix for shopping and an Applebee's for a very nice good value meal out. Last 2 weeks in August is the best time to go in the summer in my opinion I'm sure you will have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Applebee's
Applebee's
1,035 Reviews
Davenport, FL
East Midlands...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solana Resort Davenport

Perfect thank you, we weren't sure when to go as were limited with the kids holidays, I read last 2 weeks is best in regards to the summer holidays. Thanks for replying :)

Whitburn, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Solana Resort Davenport

Hi, how was your stay at Solana Resort? We’ve specifically booked because we liked the idea of the security/gated community

Thanks

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solana Resort Davenport

We stayed in a 4 bed villa last year in May and were very pleased. The lady looking after the pool / pool bar area in particular was very friendly. The villa was very comfortable although the power went off one day and I had to call the maintenance company who fixed it the same day. I thought the security was good - the gate always checked our pass on entry, and the villa had secure locks on all doors. great communal facilities, but if you are using them in the high season you may wish to drive from the villa depending how far it is, as even a short walk can be tiring in that heat.

Reply to: Solana Resort Davenport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Davenport