We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard Rock Cafe

Cape Coral
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hard Rock Cafe

Any news on whats going on- is it done?

Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

The ground hasn't even been broken. I know they were selling condos at the Rolex 24 in January. That was the last I heard. As far as I can tell, it's still a vacant lot.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

Looking at a recent new article, they're still in a holding pattern. It seems they somehow got it into their head that if they built the place the county would turn the beach behind their hotel into a traffic free zone (which kind of sounds like a back-room deal or cocktail party assurances to me). But, when the county council went to make that happen the usual major uproar ensued (folks obviosuly forgot the 80s) and while the county council did pass a measure that would seem to do what they want, it's now apparently working it's way through the courts and is not entirely certain. I'd be happy to see the Hard Rock build, but not at the expense of beach driving.

Edited: 22 April 2016, 04:17
DAB
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

Last I heard on The Mark Bernier Show was that if ground breaking didn't happen by November of 2016 it was a no go.

Still stuck with the sales going to contract (not enough) I guess. And no sales were made at the Rolex Promotion, only a Wine & Dine to woo up some 'Reservations', or promises to purchase. They had another event in Orlando that made some sales... but the storefront that was slinging Hard Rock only on S. Beach St. is now trying to sell Marina Grande oops... 'MG On The Halifax' condos the last time I walk by the sales window.

I did see some new construction materials at the old Desert Inn, so mab'be they're done with demo and that project is progressing.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,861 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

I believe it was the old Desert Inn that we saw workers and progress being made on refurb last week.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

The Desert in is Full Steam ahead - it will be a Westin Hotel.

The chains are coming back to the beach....seems like they all closed their doors around 1995 and now all are buying and remodeling/ refurbishing.....

Hard Rock has not even broke ground.

I was quite confused about the concept -

The proposed pool area was plain - Wyndham had it beat.

They weren't proposing an entertainment venue - or musical acts....

I could not figure out what was going to set that resort apart from others... Emerrills Chicken pot pie soup ??

Hopefully the developer will be able to secure funding to get it off the ground - but it wouldn't be the 1st proposed development that didnt get started to due lack of investor funds....

Renata

Save Reply
6. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

Isn't odd how two chains thought they would get a drive free beach? Seem like some corrupt politicians are taking over. Daytona is known for the drive on tbeach and I'm sure it brings in some decent money

7. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2017, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach