We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i 80, i 40, or i 10

Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
i 80, i 40, or i 10

We are moving from Sacramento, CA to Daytona Beach, Fl. in September. We will have two pick-ups with trailers and one small car. Travel time seems fairly close. Which route has the best roads? Which is overall our best route? We are not interested in scenery etc.

Thanks

Edited: 15 July 2016, 12:30
Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i 80, i 40, or i 10

You might try posting this question in the Trip Advisor Road Trips forum, or maybe the busier Orlando forum. People on the Florida forums seem to know about travel down the East Coast and maybe St. Louis or Chicago. I don't recall many/any about trips this far where folks were able to contribute.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,243 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i 80, i 40, or i 10

I would select the Road Trips forum as this is a multi-state, cross-country trip. Way more that just the destination (Daytona Beach)

Edited: 15 July 2016, 20:46
Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i 80, i 40, or i 10

Welcome to Daytona! We moved here last October and absolutely LOVE IT!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: i 80, i 40, or i 10

Not sure about I40 or I80. Thought they were further north unless there is another version of those routes out west. I-10 will bring you most of the way from California. Once in Florida you can take I-10 to I-95. After Jacksonville it's only a couple hours. Use google maps and figure out how many miles or hours you want to drive per day. Then you can look at the forums for cities you may stop at and find hotels.

5. Re: i 80, i 40, or i 10

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2017, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach