We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront hotels that allow own alcohol at pool or beach?

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beachfront hotels that allow own alcohol at pool or beach?

Booking a surprise trip to Daytona Beach for my wife 40th birthday. I want an ocean view room and central location to walk to Boardwalk. Are there any hotels in the area that allow your own alcohol at the pool and/or on the beach? Or do they make you purchase from the hotel? Any info and insight would be great. Thank you!!!

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,179 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront hotels that allow own alcohol at pool or beach?

I've been on the pool deck at Bahama House with relatives that brought their own beer, although it was a pretty low key get-together. The place doesn't have a bar, so I doubt they care. Most places probably do care about glassware and glass bottles on their pool decks though.

The beach is all public. No alcohol is allowed and there are police patrols. If you keep thing low key, pour drinks into cups, and don't have drink bottles visible, they probably won't bother you. But, a party with a keg or something would never fly.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,439 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront hotels that allow own alcohol at pool or beach?

If you bring a drink in a plastic cup to the pool, I doubt anyone says anything. If you are roudy, disturb others, and bring large coolers to a pool that has a bar, it may be a different story.

It is illegal to have alcohol on the beach in Volusia County, and they can be pretty nasty about it.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
71 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront hotels that allow own alcohol at pool or beach?

I've never had any problems when we have stayed at Sun Viking Lodge. As long as you are responsible, I think you will be fine. Unless something has changed, you can get a fine or having alcohol on the beach. Many people drink down the beach though!

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront hotels that allow own alcohol at pool or beach?

We've seen people bring coolers with their own beer at Our usual hotel every year we've been there and they have a bar/restaurant and Tiki bar.

It's further away than you want though.

I would call any hotel you are considering directly and ask them. The worst they can say is no.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,179 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront hotels that allow own alcohol at pool or beach?

One thing about the Hilton is that the have "Cabana" rooms. Those are rooms down at ground level right on the park behind the hotel. They're external access and have patio area carved out for each room. You should be able to have drinks on the patio area without any problem. They are right on the public plaza so people would probably be walking by, but depending on when you're there hopefully it wouldn't be too busy.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,366 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront hotels that allow own alcohol at pool or beach?

I have stayed at the Hilton during cheerleading competitions and have seen adults bring entire 12 packs of beer to the inside pool and no one says a word. As long as you are low profile no one says much at many places.

Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachfront hotels that allow own alcohol at pool or beach?

We bring a cooler of beer down to the pool at the Ocean Walk all the time. Just no glass and you will be fine. No drinking on the beach.

8. Re: Beachfront hotels that allow own alcohol at pool or beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2017, 14:18