We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Daytona Beach Resort Daytona Beach FL

Baltimore, Maryland
9 posts
Save Topic
Hilton Daytona Beach Resort Daytona Beach FL

I will be visiting FL next month just for a getaway and i am staying at this hotel. I'm just wondering if anyone who's stayed here recently has noticed any crimes? Or if there is anything i should be aware of? I'll be traveling alone so i'm a little nervous about going somewhere i have not ever been. I will also be driving my personal vehichle so I'm sure i need to take all personal items out of my car as well. Please let me know, and thanks for the info in advance.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,931 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Daytona Beach Resort Daytona Beach FL

First is it the Hilton Ocean Village (located by the boardwalk) or the Daytona Beach Resort which is further north? I don't think the Daytona Beach resort is related to the Hilton family. Both hotels are pretty decent. Daytona is a beach town so typical don't leave your stuff in plain site in the car is the norm. We have stayed at both for cheer & dance competitions and never had a problem. However what weekend do you plan to be there? Daytona Biketoberfest is in the middle of the month. Different type of crowd in town then. Not to say bikers are a problem, just more crowds and some rowdiness going on.

Baltimore, Maryland
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Daytona Beach Resort Daytona Beach FL

Hi! It's the Ocean Walk Village, I don't know if that gives you more info or not but it says it's North Atlantic Ave. looks to be on the boardwalk. I'll be coming down the first week in October.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,931 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Daytona Beach Resort Daytona Beach FL

That's a decent area or at least we have never had any problems. Be prepared to pay for valet parking. There is a parking garage across the street & a 2nd one closer to the boardwalk but its a hassle to walk back and forth every time you want to go somewhere. You are close to some chain restaurants including Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts and a few other places to eat lunch or dinner. There's a diner (steves?) that has good breakfast but usually a line out the door. Click on the restaurants tab and you will find a list of good seafood and other places. Look at Ormond Beach too.

the Boardwalk could really use a face lift, its a shame they don't do something to spruce it up, its a great place and you have the pier right there too.

The convention center is right across the street, Google Daytona Beach events to see what may be going on while you are there. If its a large even streets and parking will be crowded.

Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Daytona Beach Resort Daytona Beach FL

Just stayed there this past weekend. Valet parking is in the garage and there is a 24 hour presence. It's a $22 plus tax per day charge. Self parking is across the street. We parked our motorcycle in the garage, so I can't vouch for the self park across the street, sorry. Everything you would need is in the Hilton such as restaurants and bars but its a bit pricey. There's a movie theater next door with other restaurants. If you stay in this area you should be ok. But like anywhere these days, be aware of your surroundings. Have fun!

Baltimore, Maryland
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Daytona Beach Resort Daytona Beach FL

Thanks for all the info! Getting excited to visit, only a few weeks away 👍🏻

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,227 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Daytona Beach Resort Daytona Beach FL

Cool. We spent the Labor Day weekend at the Daytona Hilton and never felt unsafe or even concerned. This included taking a stroll around the Ocean Walk complex at night, although us being old and boring we weren't exactly out late. We've stayed at the hotel a number of times and it's always been fine.

I will say that near-by parts of the Boardwalk and Main Street can look a little seedy. But, things are reasonably safe there too.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,947 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Daytona Beach Resort Daytona Beach FL

It's not necessarily a crime per se, but my brother-in-law and nephew were in Daytona last week staying at a condo up near the oceanwalk area (not sure which one), and my nephew was witness to a suicide; a female jumped off the 18th floor right very close to him on the property.

Baltimore, Maryland
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Daytona Beach Resort Daytona Beach FL

Oh wow!! Not to sound like a jerk but if people want to be stupid enough to kill themselves that's on them, as long as they're not killing me lol

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,947 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton Daytona Beach Resort Daytona Beach FL

Well, the thing was she almost landed right on top of my nephew who was standing right near where she wound up landing on the ground. At least she hit grass and not pavement...I shudder to think, but it was traumatic for my nephew in any case.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,921 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilton Daytona Beach Resort Daytona Beach FL

Like any large city, there are areas that are iffy and people at times who you should keep an eye on.

We like to stay in the Daytona Beach Shores area.

While it is away from the "action" a bit, there are still a few people hanging around outside stores, etc. that seem sketchy.

We've never felt threatened in the DB area, even at night after a baseball game which is pretty much downtown. We do try to practice common sense and pay attention to our surroundings.

Good luck and have fun!

We would love to read a TR afterwards if you have a chance.