We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destin, Fl

Akron, Ohio
4 posts
Destin, Fl

I am looking for some information on Destin, Fl and where to stay. I am a solo traveler in my mid 20s and have always wanted to visit Destin! I plan on going the second week of September and staying for a week. I am interested in being close to the beach, but oceanfront is not a concern. Fishing is the main thing I want to do so I’d like to be close to the harbor and docks. I am always looking to stay close by bars... not clubs, hole in the walls are what I enjoy the most. I will not be renting a car so walking/Uber is how I’ll be getting around.I would like to keep the cost of hotel and flights as close to 1200 as I can! I typically stay in Ft. Lauderdale around this time but want to try something different. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

4 replies to this topic
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
15,436 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Destin, Fl

What is your nightly budget for lodging ?

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
121 reviews
2. Re: Destin, Fl

Do you plan to go on a fishing charter? There is a Wingate Inn and a Hampton Inn on 98 which would be reasonably priced. You could also look at a vacation rental. Second week of September is a good time to come price wise. Okaloosa Island May be a good fit too. A little more information would be helpful.

Akron, Ohio
4 posts
3. Re: Destin, Fl

I don’t want to spend over 120 but will if it has a lot of what I’m looking for,! Was thinking inn of Destin harbor ?

Akron, Ohio
4 posts
4. Re: Destin, Fl

I absolutely do! Probably a few times!

Reply to: Destin, Fl
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Destin