We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destin, Fl

Akron, Ohio
4 posts
Save Topic
Destin, Fl

I am looking for some information on Destin, Fl and where to stay. I am a solo traveler in my mid 20s and have always wanted to visit Destin! I plan on going the second week of September and staying for a week. I am interested in being close to the beach, but oceanfront is not a concern. Fishing is the main thing I want to do so I’d like to be close to the harbor and docks. I am always looking to stay close by bars... not clubs, hole in the walls are what I enjoy the most. I will not be renting a car so walking/Uber is how I’ll be getting around.I would like to keep the cost of hotel and flights as close to 1200 as I can! I typically stay in Ft. Lauderdale around this time but want to try something different. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
4 replies to this topic
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destin, Fl

What is your nightly budget for lodging ?

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destin, Fl

Do you plan to go on a fishing charter? There is a Wingate Inn and a Hampton Inn on 98 which would be reasonably priced. You could also look at a vacation rental. Second week of September is a good time to come price wise. Okaloosa Island May be a good fit too. A little more information would be helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin
Hampton Inn & Suites...
879 Reviews
Destin, FL
Okaloosa Island
Okaloosa Island
1,291 Reviews
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Akron, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Destin, Fl

I don’t want to spend over 120 but will if it has a lot of what I’m looking for,! Was thinking inn of Destin harbor ?

Mentioned in this post
Destin Harbor
Destin Harbor
770 Reviews
Destin, FL
Akron, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Destin, Fl

I absolutely do! Probably a few times!

Reply to: Destin, Fl
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted