We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday rotunda west

cumbria uk
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
holiday rotunda west

we are coming over from Uk mid june for our 1st trip to Florida. We are staying in Englewood's Rotunda West. We would be grateful for any tips and recommendations for the area. Either sightseeing or eating!We will have a car and will be happy to travel to a worthwhile sight!

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
Level Contributor
748 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday rotunda west

Vivienne 75,

Wishing you a wonderful time. The weather should be fine (if a little hot), but guaranteed sunshine on most days.... so no worries there!

Feel free to have a look around the Rotonda West and Englewood Forum - they have loads of information on there and also lots of details of restaurants, beaches, golfing, shopping etc etc.

Lots of great restaurants to try around this area. Some of our favorites are:

Gulfview Grill, Englewood Beach

Farlows on the Water, McCall Road

Cafe 776, McCall Road (great Fish and Chips!)

Prime Time Grill, Placida Road

Nicholas Italian (McCall Road just past Sunnybrook)

Mamas Italian (McCall Road)

South Beach, Boca Grande

Loose Caboose, Boca Grande

Johnny Leverocks, Placida Harbour

The Fishery, Placida

As well as publix and Winn Dixie, I would also recommend Walmart for grocery shopping - also open 24 hours if you can't sleep in the first few days! Also go the Farmers Mart (just before Publix) for all fruit and veg - open 5.00 am until 2.00 pm - excellent quality and great prices!

Good luck and have a great time

Rosiebabe

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,384 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday rotunda west

Hi V, we arrive on the 21st! You will have a lovely time, but it will be hot so you will spend a lot of time in your pool lol.

walk the beach and look for shark's teeth. Watch a sunset or two (cools off a bit then lol).

I second most of Rosie's list, and would add Stump Pass Grill at Stump Pass marina off Placida Rd, and Sharkey's on the Pier at Venice.

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
Level Contributor
748 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday rotunda west

Amanx,

I haven't tried either Sharkeys or Stump Pass Grill - but guess what they are on my list for July's trip!!! Can't wait....... 7 weeks and counting!

You have a great time later this month.

Rosiebabe

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,384 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday rotunda west

I haven't tried Primetime yet- the shopping center looks so sad w/o the Sweetbay there.

But instead this time we are trying Daniels Steak and Seafood as they are on Restaurant.com and I got a $25certificate for $2 yesterday!!!!! $35 min spend, alcohol not included, tip auto at 18%.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,384 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday rotunda west

Viv, are you back yet? I just got back yesterday.

I tried the new restaurant at Gasparilla Marina in placida and it was good- the fish and chips looked really good there although I had something else.

cumbria uk
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday rotunda west

yes got back friday. had great time. I think The Fishery was the best for food and service!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,384 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: holiday rotunda west

Haven't tried the Fishery yet, but it is on my list for October for sure!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,384 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: holiday rotunda west

Are you going to give us a trip report?

9. Re: holiday rotunda west

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Englewood
Recent Conversations
More Englewood Topics