We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse riding in Englewood

benllech
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Horse riding in Englewood

I am going to Englewood in October and really want to go horse riding can anyone help ?

Thank you

Lorna

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse riding in Englewood

There is a stable in Myakka City. Myakka Stables. Take 75 north to Clark Rd., SR 72 - go east about 5-7 miles. Its on your left. If you come to the entrance to the State Park, you've gone too far. October is a great time to go riding. There used to be another stable down around Port Charlotte but I don't know if it still open.

benllech
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse riding in Englewood

Thank you for all your help will definately find the stables

Lorna

benllech
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse riding in Englewood

I see that you live in Venice, we came to Englewood last year but only had a week there didnt really get to see much can you point me in the right direction for what goes on in Englewood and also regarding the stables are they accompained rides can you tell me exactly what the set up is there.

Thank you

Lorna

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse riding in Englewood

I have a house just south of there, what do you want to know about Englewood?

I travel regualarly between Venice/Englewood/Port Charlotte going about my daily business and eating out.

Can't help with the horses, but can with other things if required.

benllech
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse riding in Englewood

Thanks I would like to know where the best beaches are and we have never been to Naples or Venice but have heard that they are lovely.

Was going to fly down to Key West but not too sure -is it too far to drive? We have been to Florida 5 times now but only to Englewood once am staying on Rotunda where we spent a week last time after having been to Orlando for the previous week.

Lorna

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse riding in Englewood

You ride out on your own without a guide. The horses know the way. There's a very nice trail that runs thru the trees and some open areas were you can pick up speed if you want. The horses I've always had there were well mannered and well kept. Their phone # is 941-924-8435. If you don't get an answer right away, keep trying as there is usually just one guy. There's a big white sign on SR 72 on the north side of the road that says Myakka Valley Stables and Campground. They ride western. I don't think I've ever seen, but never really looked, to see if they have English. If you go a little farther up the road on SR 72 you will come to Myakka State Park. If you want to see lots of gators, take a ride thru there while your out that way. Its about 25 minutes from my house, so add another 20 from Rotonda.

If you like shelling, try Manasota Key and go to the north end beach. There are showers and bathrooms there. Sharks teeth are usually plentiful at Casperson's Beach in Venice.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horse riding in Englewood

I like Casperson's to look for shark's teeth, and to grab a lunch at Sharky's on the pier.

Manasota Key has 4 beaches, I like the two furthest north, Manasota Key Beach and Blind Pass beach. Englewood beach you have to pay for parking but lots of shops and restaurants nearby, Stump Pass Beach is furthest south. All 4 of these beaches have loads of shark's teeth and some shells esp after storms.

One of the best beaches (well actually quite a few good beaches) is to be found a bit south of Englewood and Rotonda on Gasparilla Island. It is a very nice place (very expensive to buy or stay there) with some lovely beaches that 'feel' even more tropical than those further north. I like to go to the South Beach Grill and park there and have lunch and spend the morning or afternoon there on the beach. Good food, great beach, not much shade so bring an umbrella.

8. Re: Horse riding in Englewood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2010, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Englewood
Recent Conversations
More Englewood Topics